Dropped off Remi to be neutered

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
At first I was excited to have a break from my bully puppy, but since dropping Remi off this morning to be neutered, I've already cried twice!!!! Oy vey! :crying:

UPDATE: One of Remi's testicles may not have dropped, so that may be a factor.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
STOP sharing that soft energy with Remi! He has NO IDEA what's going on except he'll be less frustrated later in life. LOL STOP DAT MAMA. YOU FREEKING OUT DA BABY!

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
STOP sharing that soft energy with Remi! He has NO IDEA what's going on except he'll be less frustrated later in life. LOL STOP DAT MAMA. YOU FREEKING OUT DA BABY!

Well I didn't actually shed those tears until I dropped him off and was well out of sight. Point being, I was totally surprised what an emotional disaster I am turning out to be!!!!

Then again, I noticed this entire morning, before we dropped him off, Remi was an anxious mess. He was pulling me around, which he NEVER does, and generally wasn't listening well. I hate that our dogs feed so much off of our energy. I'm currently reading Caesar Millan books and still trying to master that.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Which vet did you finally choose for Remi?

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Which vet did you finally choose for Remi?

We ended up going back to the first one, which has neutered/spayed all of our animals so far. The idea of going to a place we had zero relationship with for that just didn't make me feel that comfortable. It doesn't mean we'll never change his vet, but from someone who is a business owner, I just think it's rude to shop around and price people out for the cheapest price point alone.

And I suppose the vet who gave us the most amazing service, in the same breath, tried to push science diet on us, I am just super closed minded at this point to another vet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm sure he will be fine. He will just want to sleep today when you get him back, but tomorrow he will be back to his old self and want to play, but that's the hard part, keeping him quiet for a few days. Buddy wanted to jump and play the next day. They just don't understand they can't be doing that stuff. Let us know how it goes with him.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Pretend you're the Queen of England or Cleopatra! You are a LEADER and the rest of the world is beneath your feet!

Haha! Queen Elizabeth I is one of my idols.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It's okay Mom. Remi will be fine, neuter surgery is less invasive than spaying, so they bounce back pretty quick.. I had Dozer neutered 3 months ago and he did great. It's just hard to keep them quiet and not jumping for a week, especially when they are on the pain meds, they just want to continue playing as usual. He slept most of the first day, and then was back to his normal self. The 1st night home he, peed a lot more due to the extra IV fluids he got during the surgery, also sometimes they can pee more after the surgery if they get a bladder infection afterwards, this Didn't happen to Dozer, but was told by the vet this can happen, so then they will have accidents in the house. It's not the norm, but it can happen. Dozer changed for the better after his neuter surgery, he is much calmer, and he doesn't hump us anymore. Is he staying overnight or coming home tonight? My Dozer came home the same day, as was fine. Sending hugs and prayers for you and Remi that the surgery goes smoothly, and he has a quick and easy, recovery. Keep us posted on his progress, and don't worry to much.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: .... he will be fine! Keep busy and we all have you and him in our thoughts today!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He'll be home before you know it!!!! AND if he is anything like Daddy and Linus you will spend the next 24 hours trying to stop him bouncing off the walls. When both of mine were neutered you would never have known they thought they could run, jump and play the same as they had before!!! :blink:

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
You were all totally right. Remi is already trying to jump on the couch and play like he used to. We are definitely enforcing crate time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.