Gracie keeps licking her toys

GraceMom

Dec 30, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Hello, does anyone else's Bullie constantly lick their toy after play or when they put it down? She then will lick the floor, other furniture paws etc. is this normal?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. I don't know if its normal, but my Blossom is the Queen of Licks, she will sit beside me and literally lick my skin off, she licks my legs, my neck, and my hands constantly. I must be Bully good tasting. I guess. Lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy sometimes will lick his toys when finished, but not all the time.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Yes! Long ago the vet said we should "discourage" Lupe from licking her paws (she had a yeast infection at the time), so I just assumed she was transferring that urge to her toys. Kind of annoying, but she seems to have an internal schedule and stops after about 5 minutes and takes a nap.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber licks her toys all the time. Its like she is trying to figure out which one is the best tasting one.

OP
GraceMom

GraceMom

Dec 30, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Okay, thanks for everyone's reply. We always discourage her from licking paws etc. At least I know I'm not crazy. :excited::whew::tongue:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes... normal, who knows, but Banks will lick her toys, furniture and my boyfriends arms or legs for HOURS, if we let her.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson will do this sometimes especially if he had been chewing on a nylabone and/or antler. More often than not he has a small little piece stuck somewhere in his flubbers. Sometimes I go fishing around and will find the piece. Wilson also likes to lick blankets and our comforter. :bang: I usually have to redirect him or move him.

VegasGeorge

Jan 13, 2013
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Daisy
I think licking just about anything is normal Bulldog behavior. Unfortunately, eating just about anything is too. Please be sure to keep smaller objects off the floor and away from your Bully. Otherwise, you may well be looking at a $3,000 surgery to get whatever it is out of his or her stomach. Incidentally, it happens to the best of us. I was at my vet's office the other day and he showed me an X-Ray of two baby pacifiers in his dog's stomach!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
My Winston loves to lick. His favorites are a specific spot on my husband's couch, and he also LOVES to lick my legs at night when he knows I'm fixing to get into bed. Due to the early start I have at my job, Winsty and Mike usually stay up a few hours later than Mama, so I guess that's his way of saying goodnight to me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online