vomit after the beach

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
We took Meeko to the beach yesterday around 3pm for an hour for the first time. He ate his tea like normal at around 6pm had a bath and slept normal until early hours of this morning he vommitted a few times and it was brown in colour. He has not had diorhea just vomit. He did try to eat sand and drink sea water a few times but i kept stoppin him. He drank some water and has not vommitted for at least 3and half hours. Is this normal after the beach and likely to pass or will he need the vets (theyr not open yet) . He was running around like a loony as we went with his best friends (Ellie the husky & rocky a yorkie my sisters dogs) but my sister has said both of her dogs have been fine through the night no vomitting.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Update is that hes just eaten all his breakfast like normal. Hes playin if i get his toys out. And he has done a poop .. Its formed but looks like a lot of sand in it x

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
If his poop has a lot of sand in it, that's probably what upset his stomach, and he's passing it by vomiting and pooping it out. It could also be a little of the water as well, as it may have some organisms or germs in the water he's not used to. Dogs have pretty strong acid in their stomachs that usually kill off most things that would make us sick, so he will probably be okay once he poops out the extra sand roughage. I would just keep an eye on him, and if he doesn't get better in a day or two , or if he keeps vomiting, or has diarrhea, then take him to the vet. The beach sand could also have parasites and stuff from other wildlife and animal pee or poop.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon vomited after his first time at the beach as well. I think he drank some salt water. Make sure he has plenty of fresh water do drink, ingesting sand and salt water will dehydrate him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's what I would think, that he just drank too much sea water and sand, he should be fine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with the othere... too much sea water and sand.. Keep in mind, he is lower to the ground than other breeds so the splashing added to his intake

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Yep just the water and sand. We go to a lake and all summer Emma was puking off and on - turned out she got a bacteria from the lake water being too stagnate in an inlet channel. Now where are the beach pictures, huh? :tease:

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Thankyou all he has been his normal cheerful self again all day today i panicked when i googled it this morning and it said about too much salt water and sand can give him a sodium somethin and he could go into a coma. I was afraid to leave him for 30 secs to even have a wee so woke up my partner who was snoozin after a night shift lol!! Ill upload the pics in about 20 mins when my skin baby has had his bottle and tucked in bed xxx

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Pictures are here =-) ... i had loaaaads to choose from so just randomly selected a few to share.. In these pics are my sister, my niece Tia and nephew Cody <3 .. My baby Meeko.. His girlfriend Ellie the Husky and Rocky the Yorkshire Terrior xx

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.