Limping

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Okay, so here is my first health question. Koozer has been limping on his front right leg on and off for a little over a month. Some days it is pretty bad and others days we don't even notice it. He plays fine and it doesn't seem to bother him. The limping has not gotten worse over time, it just comes and goes. Is it something we should have looked at? Just for info, he is 9 1/2 months and weighs 48 pounds.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I would just have an X-ray done on his leg , just to make sure there isn't a hairline crack or fracture. Maybe he jumped off the couch or bed and landed wrong. A month seems like a long time to limp if it was just a sprain or a bruised leg. My male Bulldozer fell the second day I had him, and he was limping on his leg. I took him to the vet the next morning and we did an X-ray, to make sure nothing was broken, turned out he had a bruised paw, or soft tissue injury in his foot part of his paw. He was put on a pain killer, and an anti inflammatory for 4 days, and then he started walking on it again around the 5th day, he favoured it for about a week, but then it was totally better, so after a month I would have it checked at the vet just to make sure. I hope everything is okay, and it's nothing serious. Keep us posted

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Is he jumping off the couch or going up and down stairs? If so I would put a stop to it until he gets over a year old. It could also just be growing pains, as long as he doesn't limp all the time, if he does, then I'd take him to the vet to get checked out.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
They can often start to limp out of the blue. You should keep him from jumping and rough housing. As quiet as possible and no walks. If it continues after a week of quiet down time, I would take him in to vet.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
My thought is to look at how much he is eating. If you are feeding him too much he can have a lot of growing pains . It happened with Mimi ( RIP) when she was about 6 months old. Vet had us cut her food in half, the limp went away in a couple days and never came back. I think Rudy's brother had the same problem (he was at least 10lbs heavier than Rudy at 6 months). Haven't heard anything about him since. He was fat as a happy, but limping, pig the last time we saw him.

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Update on the limping. Took Koozer to the vet and the physical exam was great. No signs of pain and he had full range of motion. Vet wants Xrays to be sure there is nothing more going on. Will keep you all posted.

On another note, Koozer has had some vomiting. I posted a new thread about it cuz I fear it might be a partial obstruction. Any ideas I'm game...refer to my new thread.

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
We are experiencing the same problems. My Nate is 3 months old and just started limping. His paw longs fine. Sometimes he limps worse than others. It has been a few days and does not act like it hurts, still plays and runs. Trying to keep him from running and jumping.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
We are experiencing the same problems. My Nate is 3 months old and just started limping. His paw longs fine. Sometimes he limps worse than others. It has been a few days and does not act like it hurts, still plays and runs. Trying to keep him from running and jumping.

I'm going to start by saying you should take him to the vet and have an exam done he could have jumped off of something and hurt himself. Now ill share experience with you. My little Porkchop when she was 3 months old started limping, wouldn't eat, wouldn't play just very lethargic. Rushed her to the vet and he laughed at me (paranoid new mamma) said she has growing pains n showed me where she was hurting (he made her wimper n I wanted to punch him) butt he was right a week later her head looked to small on her body n she was her rambunctious rowdy self lol!!! Do have him checked though please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online