Brutus Six Month Birthday

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
I can't believe he is six months today, it feels like just yesterday we made that 9 hour trip to go get him from the breeder! I can't imagine life with out our little boy now. So far he has had a pretty good day, minus the little pee accident in the kitchen this morning. Which I have to say is the first time in quite some time....actually I can't even remember the last time he had an accident in the house.

When Brutus went to the vet on Wednesday, he weighed in at 39 pounds. Dr Jones said he is one healthy shiny little man :) We took him to the dog park for the first time since he broke his leg, and he met a new friend named Daphne. Surprisingly, they played hard for an hour. I thought for sure he would come home and take a little nap 😴, but nope it was play time w/ the JRTs. I didn't get any pics at the dog park :( I know 😡 Since he still has over 20 toys right now, we decided to just make him a special little snack for after dinner. Blueberry muffins with salmon oil in them with yogurt as the icing. Brutus was in food heaven!

Of course here are some pictures of him from today :) I can't wait to see what the next six months brings us, and to see our bundle of joy grow into an adult! Can you tell we don't have skin kids? Our fur kids are our life 😍

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357515254.622640.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357515328.420018.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357518251.236638.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357518260.535494.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357518329.486619.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a handsome young boy, and growing fast. Thanks for the pics.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Happy Half Birthday, Brutus! It sounds like you've had one exciting and fun day. :D Birthday muffins, those sound really yummy, even for us. Don't know what you put into the batter though, so I don't know if a human would like it much. (We don't have any skin kids either. At least not yet, although our window of opportunity is closing fast.)

I love that bowl for Brutus! We have the same one, but we feed our two cats out of it. >.> Thought it would be funny.

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you David! For some reason my fave from today didn't post, so here we go
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357520194.196095.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayo56

Jul 11, 2012
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet.
Aww, so sweet with his toys. He broke his leg? Wow, that's rough in his first year.

Actually I'm not sure that spoiling four legged babies is either or when your have the other kind! It was really bad, I could find a picture of my brother's bully in my wallet, but not of my son. And someone went into my sister's living room and looked at pictures she had over her fireplace. There was a family picture taken by my photographer, and a pictures of her two dogs, one picture for each side of the large family photo. The trouble was that my brother had taken the dogs' pictures, and although he isn't a professional, he is very talented and painstaking. So people walked into her room and asked why she'd had the professional pictures taken of the dogs, and not the family!

I love his name, it's so bulldoggy.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Hey Dee - I hate to be the one to tell you but bulldogs don't reach adulthood before 2 (if you're lucky), not one. I don't count on seeing it before 3. LOL
Your guy is a couple of weeks younger than my Zamboni. Zam weighed 45 pounds at 6 months. Consider yourself lucky. It's gonna be fun getting Zam into the car as he gets older.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Happy Half Birthday!!!! :luv:

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Happy Half Birthday, Brutus! It sounds like you've had one exciting and fun day. :D Birthday muffins, those sound really yummy, even for us. Don't know what you put into the batter though, so I don't know if a human would like it much. (We don't have any skin kids either. At least not yet, although our window of opportunity is closing fast.)

They were mostly people friendly, until we added the salmon oil. He gobbled it all up. I wasn't excited about feeding grain, but figured it would be okay for a special occasion :) Our window is closing too, we think in the 2 years we will have one

I love that bowl for Brutus! We have the same one, but we feed our two cats out of it. >.> Thought it would be funny.

Haha I think we need a picture of that!

Aww, so sweet with his toys. He broke his leg? Wow, that's rough in his first year.

Actually I'm not sure that spoiling four legged babies is either or when your have the other kind! It was really bad, I could find a picture of my brother's bully in my wallet, but not of my son. And someone went into my sister's living room and looked at pictures she had over her fireplace. There was a family picture taken by my photographer, and a pictures of her two dogs, one picture for each side of the large family photo. The trouble was that my brother had taken the dogs' pictures, and although he isn't a professional, he is very talented and painstaking. So people walked into her room and asked why she'd had the professional pictures taken of the dogs, and not the family!

I love his name, it's so bulldoggy.

He broke his leg at 12 weeks, it was ROUGH for all of us. I think Brutus actually delt with it better then we did! Can you imagine keeping a 12 week puppy still for a month in a cast? I think my phone is dedicated to pictures of him only, so I totally understand! I only have one picture of my boyfriend and I, and let's just say I should have left the camera at home that day!

Hey Dee - I hate to be the one to tell you but bulldogs don't reach adulthood before 2 (if you're lucky), not one. I don't count on seeing it before 3. LOL
Your guy is a couple of weeks younger than my Zamboni. Zam weighed 45 pounds at 6 months. Consider yourself lucky. It's gonna be fun getting Zam into the car as he gets older.

He will be a little closer :) Sometimes I think he acts more like an adult then my 3.5 year old JRT! Brutus does pretty good with the truck, he puts his front paws on the floor of the back seat for me, and I just have to lift from there!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Happy Birthday you handsome bully!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Remi's 6th month birthday was Saturday. Small bulldog world. He was born 7/5.

AND OMG 9 hour trip? Holy cow. I bet he is worth every minute :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw thats one handsome bully. they grow up so fast. i remember when we got sarah at 1. now she is 6 sigh. love the ones of the bowl looks good in there.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.