AKC question

sball

Dec 28, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
I recently got my first EB, and upon first notice she looked a lot wider than most EB's I have seen: however when I looked at her paperwork my only concern was puppy papers and are they still good. Later I noticed her paper's just say bulldog? What does that mean?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Technically, that's the breed name for what we call English Bulldog. Nothing more. There is no breed called English Bulldog in AKC

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Just to keep things interesting according to the AKC, what we call Pit Bulls are American Staffordshire Terrier (Amstaff). Any of the other Bully Breeds are Mutts - American Bulldogs, Oldes, Shortybulls, Mini's Pockets, American Bully s ......... There are, however other registries out there that recognize these breeds as being unique breeds and not just mixes of other dogs.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Yes and to add not all, even if purebred, APBT or American Bully's are registerable with the AKC. To be so they must have a registered pedigree within the AKC

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
American pitbull terriers and americacan staffshire terriers are two totally different breeds!!!!!!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Don't forget about those too friggin cute Bull Terriers. They're another Bully breed recognized by the AKC. There's also the Bull Mastiff. And upon looking at the AKC's site, they also rocgnize a Miniature Bull Terrier.

But like what's been said, the AKC refers to what we consider an English Bulldog as just a Bulldog.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Interesting!!

OP
S

sball

Dec 28, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Thanks guys for the info I wasn't really sure lol ............... Scueva, the AmStaff and the APBT are the same AKC once registered them as APBT, and later changed the name to AmStaff and started breeding for looks, coloration etc and not gameness

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.