Poop is nasty lol

Bustersmommy6941

Jan 4, 2013
Riverside California
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
I was wondering if any of your bulldogs eat there poop. I do my best to clean up busters poop before he gets to it but you would swear it was the best candy in the world, I'm also worried it will mess his tummy up even thou it comes from him lol. So I just needed to know if y'all have this problem.thank you in advance

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: mine eat cat :poo: I can't stand it I try to get them before they get it but sometimes i miss. If he is eating his own :poo: then it might be the food he's eating what are you feeding him?

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeko likes to eat other dog poop when we are out on walks if people dont pick it up. He doesnt eat his own though!! X

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
He might be eating his poop because he isn't getting enough nutrition in his diet. Hill's Science Diet isn't that good of a food, regardless of what our Vets say. I have found the link to the Dog Food Nutrition article here at EBN, and it is well worth reading several times.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings

From what I have ascertained, most members here like to feed their doggies Fromm's dog foods. The rest like to feed their doggies on a Raw Human Grade food diet. I do neither- Fromm's is too expensive for me and well, I just haven't gotten around to thinking raw would be good for us. We've just recently switched from Royal Canin Bulldog to Blue Basics, and the change in Winston is finally starting to make my husband a believer in this EBN cult thing, lol.

And if it isn't his food- some dogs just like to eat poop. At the pet store, you can usually find an additive that will make poop a lot less attractive to a dog, and you add it to his food. I haven't had any experience with this at all and you should ALWAYS do research before giving something to your pup.

Good luck with the Poop!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my Male Bulldozer went through a poop eating phase as well. Very nasty lol. When I first brought them home, they were on Royal Canin from the breeder, they did well on this food, but I wasn't happy with all the fillers in it, so researched other foods. I switched them at 4 months to Go Natural, which is a good quality food, with human grade chicken, I was familiar with this food, as my JRT was on it, and my cat also eats GO catfood. The food turned out to be too rich for them, as Blossom developed diarrhea, due to allergies to chicken, and Dozer although he tolerated the food, he started to eat his poops. I asked the vet and she said it was probably too rich for him, and made the poop taste good to him. I put them back on Royal Canin, and then learned on here about Fromms, and switched them to the Fromms Beef when they were 7 months old. They have been on this food for 3 months, and are both tolerating it really well, poops are firm but soft, and they go regularly usually 3 or 4 times a day. They are gaining well at 36 and 38 lbs, their coats are great, and best of all Dozer stopped eating his poop cakes.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I feed him science diet for puppies

Yup, you'll probably need to change his food as it's not a very good one. I know most vets like to push it but that's because they get a pretty good profit (bout 40% i think) to sell it for them. You can also feed him a piece of pineapple and that should deter him from eating his own poop.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online