Thread: Poop is nasty lol

Pooper scooper Bustersmommy6941's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christina
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Poop is nasty lol

I was wondering if any of your bulldogs eat there poop. I do my best to clean up busters poop before he gets to it but you would swear it was the best candy in the world, I'm also worried it will mess his tummy up even thou it comes from him lol. So I just needed to know if y'all have this problem.thank you in advance
    Busters mommy

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Poop is nasty lol

mine eat cat I can't stand it I try to get them before they get it but sometimes i miss. If he is eating his own then it might be the food he's eating what are you feeding him?

Real Name
    Christina
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)

I feed him science diet for puppies
    Busters mommy

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Meeko likes to eat other dog poop when we are out on walks if people dont pick it up. He doesnt eat his own though!! X
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

If he is a puppy then so much for puppy breath.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

He might be eating his poop because he isn't getting enough nutrition in his diet. Hill's Science Diet isn't that good of a food, regardless of what our Vets say. I have found the link to the Dog Food Nutrition article here at EBN, and it is well worth reading several times.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...g-Food-Ratings

From what I have ascertained, most members here like to feed their doggies Fromm's dog foods. The rest like to feed their doggies on a Raw Human Grade food diet. I do neither- Fromm's is too expensive for me and well, I just haven't gotten around to thinking raw would be good for us. We've just recently switched from Royal Canin Bulldog to Blue Basics, and the change in Winston is finally starting to make my husband a believer in this EBN cult thing, lol.

And if it isn't his food- some dogs just like to eat poop. At the pet store, you can usually find an additive that will make poop a lot less attractive to a dog, and you add it to his food. I haven't had any experience with this at all and you should ALWAYS do research before giving something to your pup.

Good luck with the Poop!

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, my Male Bulldozer went through a poop eating phase as well. Very nasty lol. When I first brought them home, they were on Royal Canin from the breeder, they did well on this food, but I wasn't happy with all the fillers in it, so researched other foods. I switched them at 4 months to Go Natural, which is a good quality food, with human grade chicken, I was familiar with this food, as my JRT was on it, and my cat also eats GO catfood. The food turned out to be too rich for them, as Blossom developed diarrhea, due to allergies to chicken, and Dozer although he tolerated the food, he started to eat his poops. I asked the vet and she said it was probably too rich for him, and made the poop taste good to him. I put them back on Royal Canin, and then learned on here about Fromms, and switched them to the Fromms Beef when they were 7 months old. They have been on this food for 3 months, and are both tolerating it really well, poops are firm but soft, and they go regularly usually 3 or 4 times a day. They are gaining well at 36 and 38 lbs, their coats are great, and best of all Dozer stopped eating his poop cakes.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Christina
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)

Thank for the advice I will look in to changing his food and will let you know how it goes
    Busters mommy

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bustersmommy6941 View Post
    I feed him science diet for puppies
    Yup, you'll probably need to change his food as it's not a very good one. I know most vets like to push it but that's because they get a pretty good profit (bout 40% i think) to sell it for them. You can also feed him a piece of pineapple and that should deter him from eating his own poop.

Real Name
    Christina
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)

Thank you I will try the pineapple thing if I don't eat it all lol I love pineapple
    Busters mommy

Remove Ads