Matilda is in the hospital!!!

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Matilda is okay!!!!!

I picked her up this morning and she's good as new, just drowsy. Her swelling is thankfully gone! I will post pics and what medication they gave us later! What a scary experience though...

The vet told me that if we have another experience like this, you can get a shot just to have in case! But were not positive it was a bee, so for now, she gave us some extra steroid in case she has another outburst to give to her on the way to the hospital...

My heart rate has finally slowed a bit but I'm never letting her out of my sight again!!

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So sorry I'm late to this but VERY relieved that she is ok!!! They make us worry so much. I swear I'm going to br prematurely grey!!!!!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
So Happy she is all better now. Just like kids, bullies can find ways to get into way too much trouble. There is nothing wrong with keeping her on a leash when you are not at home. You never know what they can get into when you are away from home.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad to hear Matilda is better. Take a deep breath now Mama, and relax. It's a good idea to have her rechecked by your own vet when you get back home, and to do the a.lergy tests, then at least you'll know what she's allergic too.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: that's awesome that's she's better give her a big kiss :Muah:

Last edited:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Give her big hugs from Winston and me, and we're so glad to hear she's back to her old self. Definitely take her to see her usual doctor for a good check up, and get those skin concerns looked at. :)

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Thank you all soo soo much for advice and support!

Matilda is totally back to normal, she forgot it ever happened. We're going to our vet today to get some allergy tests done so I can be ready next time!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I read this thread last night in bed and I was in shock on how fast an allergic reaction can develop on our babies. I am glad to hear that Tilly is doing better and you have her back in your arms. :) give Matilda tons of kisses for me!!! :drawheart:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So glad she is okay, just seeing this now.

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I read this thread last night in bed and I was in shock on how fast an allergic reaction can develop on our babies. I am glad to hear that Tilly is doing better and you have her back in your arms. :) give Matilda tons of kisses for me!!! :drawheart:

It was CRAZY how fast it happened. One minute she was fine, playing with the other dog, the next, her lip was huge and just kept going. It was probably 7 minutes total from that moment to when I arrived at the vet, and by then, her entire head had been swollen up. Scary to think what might have happened if I hadn't checked on her right then!

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
So scary. So glad she is better. Thanks for sharing so we all can be better prepared.

Members online

No members online now.