Why I got Buster

Bustersmommy6941

Jan 4, 2013
Riverside California
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Well I wanted to write a little something explaining why I Got Buster. I did a lot of research on all kinds of dogs and hubby was helping me because it was very important that I really did my research. I have been down a lot because I have REALLY BAD fibromyalgia and I try to keep my head up but there are more bad days then good and I'm only 31, so when hubby was in the military they would use dogs to help soldiers with PTSD along with other things so that's what made me look into getting a dog. I read that Bulldogs need Lots of love well lol so do I. I also read how bull dogs can have breathing issues and allergies and how fun I have asthma and bad allergies, then I read how Bulldogs can end up with hip dysphasia, arthritis and joint issues and well for you who know about fibromyalgia I'm just a hot mess. I still have really bad days but since getting Buster he makes my really bad days that much better because he loves me with all his heart and we are one in the same, I know it may sound stupid to some but I love all animals but I do have to say that I am a Bulldog lover and so happy that Buster and I got to meet. In a way he has made life that much better and that is why I got my Buster. Thank you for all who take the time to read my little story.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh I'm glad busters helping you through your bad days. And what a great hubby you have for supporting you. Bullies truly are some kind of special. They're good at easing your not so happy times, and remind you that there's light at the end of that tunnel.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:yes: How could this sound silly? Not to anyone on this site! I am convinced that Bully's are a step closer to humans than other dogs. (:shhhh: don't tell my Dena Dawg!) but they NEED us. They are far from perfect...like SOME of us here..lol..(@BruceP..:tease:) They teach us how to be loving and patient and how to live in the present. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I have a good friend with this same disease. She's very brave..just like you! :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bullies are a very special breed for sure.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
So true , there's no place like home and nothing better than a bulldog :firefox:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I didn't see a silly thing one in your story. While I am sorry that you suffer from disease, I am very happy for BOTH you and Buster for having such a special relationship. Bulldogs know what we humans are feeling, and I have no doubt that when you are feeling worse than usual he's always there trying to be a comfort. And when you are happy and doing well, so is he!

Bulldogs are very special companions, so much more so than any other breed of dog. Some people say they are stupid, but I disagree. My boy is smart as a tack! He just takes his time making decisions and once it is made, he doesn't change his mind.

Bravo to you and Buster for being such a well matched team. :)

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I'm convinced that bulldogs r little angles in puppy coats!!!!!! When u feel like u can't go on or start ur day he will look at u like only a bulldog can n give u the strength to go on with ur day :')!!!!! I'm an LPN n had a patient with this disease n she to had a therapy dog (not a bulldog but I can't be judgmental lol) for that purpose, he gave her purpose!!!!!! Buster will love u like no one else can, his love will always be unconditional, he will never judge u, he will be there to comfort u n give u big puppy kisses!!!!! They know when we need them!!!! I had the flu 2 weeks ago n my baby girl didn't leave my side didn't eat n only went out twice when she wasn't cuddled on the couch with me she was on the floor with my hand on her n she would nudge me until I touched her!!!!!! I am so glad u found buster n I believe he was born to take care of u :')

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Everything you said makes PERFECT sense! I know my bulldogs are my cure to ailments both in the mind and body. I also hope 2013 will bring you much improvement in your health and lots of love to you and Buster. :hug:

sstewart2010

Dec 10, 2012
Garden City, Michigan, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Leroy
I think that is a wonderful story:) I am a first time Bulldog owner and I gotta say my Leroy is my shadow! I grew up with dogs but none of them were as attached to me as Leroy. I think they are a really special companion and I am happy that you found Buster!

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Buster is going to bring you so much joy. I hope he continues to make your days brighter. Enjoy EBN. I hope some of the funny stories people share about their bullies will make you laugh. Welcome to the world of the obsessed. LOL

Members online

No members online now.