Research about tear stains

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
So.. For a while ive been researching to help remove tear stains on the white half of Meekos face. He has the apple vinegar in his water and has a good dog food but it still happens! I cannot get angel eyes studf as im from UK and it is banned. Also i wanted to avoid this as it contains antibiotics.

I went snooping on dog websites for lhaso apsos and maltese dogs as they suffer terrible with tear stain problems. Somebody who shows their dog mentioned he uses contact lense solution to clear around the eyes and furr and it works brilliant on the stains. It is safe for their eyes just as it is safe for ours and even the cheap store brand stuff works great. I wear lenses and have started using this on Meeko the last few days and its so far working great.

Just thought id share to help if any of you have the same problem or are spending a lot of money on expensive brand stuff xx

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Can you please post the brand and full name of the solution you're using. There are so many out there and they sometimes have different ingredients.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I am using BioTrue multi purpose solution as thats what i use with my lenses. On the website it said he used the 3-in-1 solution that cleans and rehydrates. He did say on the site that he uses a shops own brand solution because he had 4 maltese dogs and a lhaso apso so used a lot of solution.

The short description on the solution im using is
Inspired by the biology of your eyes(tm).**** works like your eyes.**** pH balanced to match healthy tears.**** cleans and fights germs.For soft contact lenses including silicone hydrogel lenses.Biotrue™*multi-purpose solutionConditions, cleans, removes protein, disinfects, rinses, stores.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Great information to know, I'll have to try it on my female Blossom. She is white and has a lot of sensitivities or allergies to chicken, salmon, corn, and grains. She has tear stains partly from her allergies, and partly from her surgeries to correct her cherry eyes , she had two separate surgeries, the left eye was repaired at 7 months old when she was spayed, then a week later her right eye came out, and we had that repaired a month later, she is 10 months old now, and her eyes are beautiful, we are very happy with the job the vet did, she stitched them back in, and they are back to normal. Sometimes they get a little teary, but not too much anymore, and she doesn't get eye boogers anymore either. She just has these tear stains, and I would like to get rid of them. It makes sense that contact lens solution would be safe for their eyes, as it is safe for us to use. There are a lot of products and supplements, as well as medications that humans as well as dogs can use. My only concern would be if it would it would be irritating or safe to use on her eyes after the surgery. She did have a antibiotic cream with a steroid for a couple of weeks after the surgery, but no longer uses that. Thanks for sharing this information

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I know you can get solution thats for sensitive eyes i had to have it when i had a bad eye infection before and normal solution was making it worse. Maybe this would be okay for Blossom. Also i kno its different lol but my friend had turns in her eyes and had corrective surgery but still uses normal lense solution with scars on her eyeballs x

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:goodpost: lots of people have this problem, tear stains, many here will be glad to hear of this solution. Thank You for the good find

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Thanks for the info. Along with our Olde English we have a maltese as well. And have never been able to control the tear staining and have tried all sorts of solutions some of them designed for this and quite expensive as well. If this works then great as my wife has contacts and we always have the cleaning solution on hand. thanks

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
We wash both of our dog's faces daily with a warm wash cloth and always dry the wrinkles in the bulldog's face right after washing. But Ace is only about 10 wks old an on the white side of his face in the deep wrinkle running vertical from his eye there is already brown tear staining. Sure hope this works, if so what a great discovery for all of us

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I actually use this, or Bausch & Lomb eye flush. It helps clean the eyes out and works wonderfully for dry eye as well. Helps flush out the eye boogers so I can put lubricating drops in afterwards. Opposite reason for tear stains however :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

bilyjo

Sep 12, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
kutta
Hi Bullmama, I have just click in your link "click here" and I found the sweet way of rescuing bulldogs ! Thanks for having this kind of post that is rally informative and we can learn well from your post. By the way how can you manage all post in your profile ,can you tell me about your research? Actually I wanna be a good researcher but can't . So if you help me to research i will be glad. Thanks in advance

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I always skim through ketty editing com for help so that I can do well in future.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Thanks for this. I'll give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Definately going to give this a try Ms Ellie has small tear stains forming!! Thanks so much for sharing this!!

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
Hi Tasha!... Our Bogey has a blocked tear duct and had tear staining issues as a result.. The breeder we got him from suggested we use a product called Naturally Tearfree Canine. If you can't access it over seas id suggest using 100% pure tumeric powder and follow the same dosage as recommended for this product. One cycle lasts three weeks. Week one you use one teaspoon for three consecutive days. Week two you use the same dosage for two days in a row followed by one dosage on week 3. Easiest way to get Bogey to eat the tumeric is with a glop of natural peanut butter. He loves it!! Bogey has gone through two cycles and his face looks the best we've ever seen him. Tumeric does some amazing things for the human body and is natural so don't hesitate to use it for Meeko. Give it a try and see what happens.. Cheers!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.