playing sounds

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
ok this is my last question,, for now hahaha...is it normal for puppies to growl while playing and sound angry? I am sure shes playing but when I play fetch with her, she brings it back to me and when I try to take it, it becomes tug of war and she sounds so vicious lol!!! :unsure:

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
My puppy does this all the time. Usually she brings a toy over and starts growling and if I tug she gets louder.. Sometimes she just lays on her back and growls at nothing, she looks like she's having fun :) this is my first bulldog though, so I'll be interested to see what others say!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Yep! Bogey growls at everything! When he's playing by himself, when he is tugging with me, when he is being bad, when he is being good- yep, they are verbal little balls of fur!!!!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Yes, totally normal. They want you to know what vicious, mean dogs they are. :rofl: I have for and you should hear them when they wrestle. You'd think they were killing each other.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
ok this is my last question,, for now hahaha...is it normal for puppies to growl while playing and sound angry? I am sure shes playing but when I play fetch with her, she brings it back to me and when I try to take it, it becomes tug of war and she sounds so vicious lol!!! :unsure:

Lol porky will be 11 months on the 22nd n she still does that she gets on her back attacking her toys n growls n barks I swear there is a viscous dog in my house lol or she plays tug with her rope n if I don't let go she growls until I do lol!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
NON Bulldog people are often alarmed by the sounds that come out of these two. It should be noted that I am surrounded by Maltese, Yorkies and Poodle mixes of every sort. These little breeds don't seem to make sounds like that when they play or "mouth argue" like Bea and Bo do. New people are always put at ease by my reaction to it; which is to simply disagree with the behavior (and bringing the sound level down a notch or three).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.