Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Fed twice

Hi, today is my day off and my husband let me sleep in, I usually get up at 6:30 am to take my 2 babies for their morning duties. I feed them when I get back around 7 am. Usually the 2 are still sleeping when I get up, but this morning Hubby said Dozer was whining at 5:30 am, so he took them both outside and then fed them their breakfast early. He went back to bed, and I woke up at 8:30 am. I knew they had been out with hubby, but didn't realize he had fed them an hour early, so I fed them and took them out again. They ate their food with the same zest and gusto as always..lol. No wonder they both had massive poops this morning. I hope this doesn't give them an upset stomach or diarrhea. My question is do we feed them their regular meal tonight? We give then 1 1/2 cups of kibble every morning and 1 1/2 cups again in the evening. This means they got 3 cups of kibble this morning, or do we give them half of their usual amount tonight, or do we not feed them tonight at all?
    Has this ever happened to anyone else.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fed twice

I had a very similar situation not long ago, my husband did me the favor or letting Vegas out and feeding him breakfast, then left to do some running around. I got up and did our usual routine of letting him out and feeding him his breakfast and he ate like he was starving. I later found out Joe had already fed him so he had two breakfast. Vegas was fine, no belly aches, no gas, just one big HAPPY boy, lol. I kept him on the normal schedule for dinner and he was OK. I wouldnt worry to much about it and I bet you have two happy sleepy bullys this afternoon.

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It's happened to me before, my two thought they hit the lottery getting fed twice! I still gave them their next meal only just gave them a little less. I'm pretty sure the only thing that happened was their #2 were slightly bigger and a bit softer, but they were fine the next day. If I remember correctly (happened last summer) they were gassy that day too.
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

We've done this before several times over the years. I also give them something for dinner though, but usually just a little bit like a 1/2 cup.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Lucky Guys!! I am sure they will do fine!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We have done this as well.... no treats all day and feed as normal tonight
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys for your responses. I was thinking the same thing to give them half the usual portion for dinner.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I think you got your answer already, how about some updated pics of the siblings?

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Funny!! I overfed Herman today (no daddy involvement). I put too much in his bowl, so I took a little out. Then I ended up giving him the rest a couple of hours later. HUGE POOP when we went outside!!!! it was HUUUUGE! I felt bad for stuffing him but he was very happy It wasn't twice his normal breakfast, just a little bit more, so I may feed him a tiny bit less tonight.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Shame on them for not letting you know they ate already. Don't feel bad, I think we all have done it a time or two, and I'm with everyone else, give them 1/2 of their normal amount for dinner.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi, today is my day off and my husband let me sleep in, I usually get up at 6:30 am to take my 2 babies for their morning duties. I feed them when I get back around 7 am. Usually the 2 are still sleeping when I get up, but this morning Hubby said Dozer was whining at 5:30 am, so he took them both outside and then fed them their breakfast early. He went back to bed, and I woke up at 8:30 am. I knew they had been out with hubby, but didn't realize he had fed them an hour early, so I fed them and took them out again. They ate their food with the same zest and gusto as always..lol. No wonder they both had massive poops this morning. I hope this doesn't give them an upset stomach or diarrhea. My question is do we feed them their regular meal tonight? We give then 1 1/2 cups of kibble every morning and 1 1/2 cups again in the evening. This means they got 3 cups of kibble this morning, or do we give them half of their usual amount tonight, or do we not feed them tonight at all?
    Has this ever happened to anyone else.
    You didn't notice them giving each other high fives? That's usually the sign that they are about to be fed twice. Not that we have ever done it. Lol

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone, I did only give them half their usual amount for dinner tonight. Blossom pooped many many many times today, lol. But no diarrhea, but It didn't faze my Dozer, he has a cast iron stomach. After all he's my object eater, he has eaten rocks, dirt, grass, sticks, socks, and paper towel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads