Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, today is my day off and my husband let me sleep in, I usually get up at 6:30 am to take my 2 babies for their morning duties. I feed them when I get back around 7 am. Usually the 2 are still sleeping when I get up, but this morning Hubby said Dozer was whining at 5:30 am, so he took them both outside and then fed them their breakfast early. He went back to bed, and I woke up at 8:30 am. I knew they had been out with hubby, but didn't realize he had fed them an hour early, so I fed them and took them out again. They ate their food with the same zest and gusto as always..lol. No wonder they both had massive poops this morning. I hope this doesn't give them an upset stomach or diarrhea. My question is do we feed them their regular meal tonight? We give then 1 1/2 cups of kibble every morning and 1 1/2 cups again in the evening. This means they got 3 cups of kibble this morning, or do we give them half of their usual amount tonight, or do we not feed them tonight at all?
Has this ever happened to anyone else.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I had a very similar situation not long ago, my husband did me the favor or letting Vegas out and feeding him breakfast, then left to do some running around. I got up and did our usual routine of letting him out and feeding him his breakfast and he ate like he was starving. I later found out Joe had already fed him so he had two breakfast. Vegas was fine, no belly aches, no gas, just one big HAPPY boy, lol. I kept him on the normal schedule for dinner and he was OK. I wouldnt worry to much about it and I bet you have two happy sleepy bullys this afternoon.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
It's happened to me before, my two thought they hit the lottery getting fed twice! I still gave them their next meal only just gave them a little less. I'm pretty sure the only thing that happened was their #2 were slightly bigger and a bit softer, but they were fine the next day. If I remember correctly (happened last summer) they were gassy that day too. :fart:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We've done this before several times over the years. I also give them something for dinner though, but usually just a little bit like a 1/2 cup.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have done this as well.... no treats all day and feed as normal tonight

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys for your responses. I was thinking the same thing to give them half the usual portion for dinner.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Funny!! I overfed Herman today (no daddy involvement). I put too much in his bowl, so I took a little out. Then I ended up giving him the rest a couple of hours later. HUGE POOP when we went outside!!!! it was HUUUUGE! I felt bad for stuffing him but he was very happy :) It wasn't twice his normal breakfast, just a little bit more, so I may feed him a tiny bit less tonight.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Shame on them for not letting you know they ate already. :eek: Don't feel bad, I think we all have done it a time or two, and I'm with everyone else, give them 1/2 of their normal amount for dinner.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Hi, today is my day off and my husband let me sleep in, I usually get up at 6:30 am to take my 2 babies for their morning duties. I feed them when I get back around 7 am. Usually the 2 are still sleeping when I get up, but this morning Hubby said Dozer was whining at 5:30 am, so he took them both outside and then fed them their breakfast early. He went back to bed, and I woke up at 8:30 am. I knew they had been out with hubby, but didn't realize he had fed them an hour early, so I fed them and took them out again. They ate their food with the same zest and gusto as always..lol. No wonder they both had massive poops this morning. I hope this doesn't give them an upset stomach or diarrhea. My question is do we feed them their regular meal tonight? We give then 1 1/2 cups of kibble every morning and 1 1/2 cups again in the evening. This means they got 3 cups of kibble this morning, or do we give them half of their usual amount tonight, or do we not feed them tonight at all?

You didn't notice them giving each other high fives? That's usually the sign that they are about to be fed twice. Not that we have ever done it. Lol

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone, I did only give them half their usual amount for dinner tonight. Blossom pooped many many many times today, lol. But no diarrhea, but It didn't faze my Dozer, he has a cast iron stomach. After all he's my object eater, he has eaten rocks, dirt, grass, sticks, socks, and paper towel.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)

This depends on the dog. Some dogs will need 24 hours before their stomachs will settle back down. This is my Angus. If you just overfeed him, just a tiny bit - which is what happened when he ate Gizmo's left-overs when I wasn't looking - he gets giant poops which leads to diarrhea if I don't keep him from food/treats for at least 24 hours. Bullie is a little more hardy. This is one of the reasons I don't feed the dogs twice a day anymore. I do the once a day - 24 hour cycle - with them now which Bullie is fine with and is what is best for Angus.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online