coat moisturizer???

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Does anyone have a recommendation for keeping Herman's coat moisturized during the winter? The issue is that he's afraid of his winter coat and his LariP fleece - because when I take them off, he gets 100s of little shocks (static). I can't say I blame him. So he RUNS and hides when he sees me get them. He used to love wearing both.

I'm going to pick up a humidifier today that might hopefully help, but if anyone knows a good spray on moisturizing conditioner or any other advice that might help!!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Are you using a fabric softener on the clothes? there are hypoallergenic ones out there

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
no i dont usually put fabric softener on his stuff. i'll see if i can find some in the store today!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
we use fabric softener on all of Bacon's stuff and he is a static machine during the winter especially when he's on the couch, he will roll over and it sounds like someone has a microphone in a bowl of rice crispies

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I just checked his winter coat and it says "do not use fabric softener" :( he saw me pick it up and started barking at me LOL

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
dryer sheets?
mist him before dressing him?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Static Guard....???

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Well, in addition to topical stuff (we add coconut oil and have good results from buddy Wash lavender), maybe try some positive associations, like a special treat and a belly rub. Lupe is required to wear a down vest--I should find a pic, b/c it's hysterical--when we go camping if it's below 50. She was NOT amused until we practiced at home: put the vest on, play time!

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
dryer sheets?
mist him before dressing him?

i rubbed him with a little of my water-based hair moisturizer last night but it didnt work. :( i didnt want to put too much, but maybe i'll try misting the coat LOL

[MENTION=2101]SunDog[/MENTION] I feel bad because he loves wearing his coat. maybe i'll trying giving him a treat to at least get him to not run away from it.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
We just bought a humidifier today bcuz we have a pellet stove n worried about Porkys breathing in the dry air (she doesn't have problems breathing but we didn't want to cause any either) n this isn't much help but it's funny she sits in front of it staring at it lmao she loves the thing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.