adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hello,

Winston hates anything in his crate besides his two soft blankets and a towel. I always want to put something more comfortable in for him, but he doesn't want any part of it. I have tried crate liners and within minutes he pees on them..totally on purpose. Is there a reason for this? Even when his bed is made up of blankets and the towel he pushes them out of his way and lays on one layer of material. I doubt its because he is hot...its freezing here.
Just wondering if anyone in in the same boat or has any suggestions for me.

Thanks!!!
IMG-20121006-00040.jpg

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
What Brutus likes, and gets are two different things! When I was putting nice comfy beds and blankets with him, he peed on them. I got tired of doing his laundry every day, so I switched to some old towels, and haven't had a problem since! What is with these guys? If it were me, give me a super comfy bed & a toy :)

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Winston gets a crate pad and a few of his favorite toys. Usually he pushes the pad out of the way and lays on the crate tray by itself. In the morning, he'll grab one toy and drag it outside with him to go potty. He ignores most everything in there when he's kenneled, but if he's out to play the cats like to sneak in and lay on his fuzzy pad. Winston won't tolerate that, either! Yesterday afternoon we watched him pull the pad out from underneath one of our cats. "That's MINE, kitty!" He wasn't aggressive about it, so we let him do it, laughing all the while.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Winston gets a crate pad and a few of his favorite toys. Usually he pushes the pad out of the way and lays on the crate tray by itself. In the morning, he'll grab one toy and drag it outside with him to go potty. He ignores most everything in there when he's kenneled, but if he's out to play the cats like to sneak in and lay on his fuzzy pad. Winston won't tolerate that, either! Yesterday afternoon we watched him pull the pad out from underneath one of our cats. "That's MINE, kitty!" He wasn't aggressive about it, so we let him do it, laughing all the while.

OMG that sounds hysterical. Pics next time please :D

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I wish I had had a video of it because I would love to share! It's just that Winston is constantly catching me without a camera nearby when he does all these crazy bulldog things. :(

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola likes just a thin bed and nothing else. She does not like toys in there at all!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is the same way.... just he crate pad and even that she will nest it into a ball before laying on it. No toys, bones or others blankets etc

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda is ALL about the comfy blankets and toys in her crate! What's funny though is that they have to be arranged a certain way. EVERY time I wash her bedding, I will put all her stuff back and try to replicate how she likes it - but its never good enough. She will go to her crate, take out every single toy, blanket, and bedding one by one. Then, one by one, she'll put them back in the way SHE likes it. It happens every time. She may be a little OCD... hahaha

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman's man cave has a too small crate pad, his sleeping bag on top of that and some self-heating pad on top of that. I also put in two blankets, and i hang his puppy blanket on the side to block the air. In the back standing up is his 'heater' (my old heating pad wrapped in a towel). THEN i cover the crate with a velvet blanket. Every night I got in arrange it the way IIIIIIIIIII want it. Considering what you have all said, I think he's just tolerating what I'm doing. There might be too much stuff in there for him to rearrange LOL

I just worry that he's cold :blink:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hello,

Winston hates anything in his crate besides his two soft blankets and a towel. I always want to put something more comfortable in for him, but he doesn't want any part of it. I have tried crate liners and within minutes he pees on them..totally on purpose. Is there a reason for this? Even when his bed is made up of blankets and the towel he pushes them out of his way and lays on one layer of material. I doubt its because he is hot...its freezing here.
Just wondering if anyone in in the same boat or has any suggestions for me.

Thanks!!!
View attachment 33961

Diesel doesn't want anything in his crate, not even a soft blanket ... when I put a crate pad in, he will push it into the corner of the crate and lay on the plastic pan. I even put a Coleman Dog Sleeping Bag in there and he was able to push it out of the way enough that his belly touched the plastic crate pan. During the winter Molly will let me put a crate pad in her crate and not be fussy but during the summer she will push hers out of the way too so that she can have her belly on the plastic crate pan.

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
After reading all these post I can finally say that my Ellie is not weird. she destroyed two beds I put in her create ate half of a towel i put in after so I decided that it was best for her to not have anything in her crate besides her toys and water bowl. She loves sleeping on that plastic tray of her crate so I guess she'll stay like that till she's bigger she is currently 8 months hopefully by then she wont pee or destroy beds.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Porky doesn't have a crate she has her own room lol when we got her we didn't have room for a crate so when we had to leave we shut our bedroom door n she learned that's where she had to stay now if we say time to go she runs to her room but she does have her crate pad in there n she just goes in n sleeps (we have a crate now for our camping trips n she just likes her pad in it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie didn't like anything in her crate. She'd either pee on things, or she would move it all into the corner. She is happy with nothing but tray.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.