Light in the end of the tunnel for the potty training stage! Yayyy!!!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy is almost 6 months old (Jan. 7th) and I finally see a light in the end of the tunnel when it comes to potty training her. I live in an apartment so going potty means that I need to get dressed, go down the stairs, out of the apartment complex to the street and walk her.... which it could be a lot of work if you are doing this 6-8 times a day specially during the winter!!!

The good news is that I have been noticing that our potty trips are being reduced since she can hold for a little longer YAY!!!!! I just wanted to share this with the peeps that are still going through the Stage I and II of potty training! We havent had any accident in our house for the past 3-4 weeks and now I reduced her trips to one when I wake up (dont need to run out of bed and take her out immediately, I can get ready first, feed her then take her out around 6:40am), I am still going home during my lunch break and taking her out at noon, one more time when I come back from work around 5pm and one last potty at 10pm. 4 times only sounds AWESOME!!!!

Just wanted to share! :clap2:

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
That's fantastic! Although our situation is a bit different because we aren't in an apartment, it's not been very long at all since we were celebrating finally getting there with house breaking. Good work, Izzy!! (and mom!!!) :-)

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Congrats! Mr. Seamus is 8 months old now and we are also at the end of the potty training just in time for winter! Thank god! We live on the 5th floor of an apartment in the city so it was difficult getting him used to hitting the bells, waiting for the elevator and then walking outside to do his business but he has got it finally! We haven't (knock on wood) had any accidents in at least a month or two and he did great over Christmas at different houses. No accidents there either! We were very impressed. I work from home and just realized that our bathroom trips are now more like every 4-5 hours instead of every 1-2 hours. YAY!!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Congrats! Mr. Seamus is 8 months old now and we are also at the end of the potty training just in time for winter! Thank god! We live on the 5th floor of an apartment in the city so it was difficult getting him used to hitting the bells, waiting for the elevator and then walking outside to do his business but he has got it finally! We haven't (knock on wood) had any accidents in at least a month or two and he did great over Christmas at different houses. No accidents there either! We were very impressed. I work from home and just realized that our bathroom trips are now more like every 4-5 hours instead of every 1-2 hours. YAY!!

Yay!!! So you understand my pain! I struggled with Izzy in the beginning because she would walk into the hallway and potty before she could get to the grass by somebody else door :whistle:... she loved the door mats :ashamed:... ... so I would usually run back home to grab paper towels and Lyson to clean the area before anybody else noticed it!!!!

I still need to train her to use the bell..... thats my next step. How did you train yours? We only have 1 door that we all use to come in and out of the apt...

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Yay!!! So you understand my pain! I struggled with Izzy in the beginning because she would walk into the hallway and potty before she could get to the grass by somebody else door :whistle:... she loved the door mats :ashamed:... ... so I would usually run back home to grab paper towels and Lyson to clean the area before anybody else noticed it!!!!

I still need to train her to use the bell..... thats my next step. How did you train yours? We only have 1 door that we all use to come in and out of the apt...

We just were very diligent about putting his nose on the bell and making the jingly sound every time we took him out to the bathroom. As you know with apartments its super annoying but I would get my keys and shoes on, put on his leash, put his nose on the bells and say "lets go potty" and then we head out. After a while he seemed to get it. To make matters worse for us we moved from the 7th floor to the 5th floor after about a month with Seamus so he got all confused again with the new apartment layout. But he seems to have gotten a hang of the whole door thing. It helps us using the bells because we have a hallway to get to the front door so I can't always see him but I can hear the bells whenever he hits them.

Good luck with the training!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
We just were very diligent about putting his nose on the bell and making the jingly sound every time we took him out to the bathroom. As you know with apartments its super annoying but I would get my keys and shoes on, put on his leash, put his nose on the bells and say "lets go potty" and then we head out. After a while he seemed to get it. To make matters worse for us we moved from the 7th floor to the 5th floor after about a month with Seamus so he got all confused again with the new apartment layout. But he seems to have gotten a hang of the whole door thing. It helps us using the bells because we have a hallway to get to the front door so I can't always see him but I can hear the bells whenever he hits them.

Good luck with the training!

I am going to get my bell out today and start training her again. When I got it Izzy was very young and wouldn't grasp the concept of potty training but I think she is ready now! Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
YAY!!! :clap: great job on potty training!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Congrats, she is getting there. Now good luck on the bell, I'm sure she will get it down in not time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.