My Puppy Talks Back

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
I notice when ever I give my 12 week old commands she barks back ( talks back ). Although she eventually does what I am commanding she does a lot of talking back. Whether its for her to get in her bed or to go potty I get barks. At first I thought it was cute, but its starting to become annoying. Is it normal? Is it a phase? Is there corrective actions or tricks that work?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=7606]BIGBIGSURGE[/MENTION]-my Lola does this too! Drives me crazy! And the more I try to quiet her down the more she does it. I can't give you any advise because im going through this myself but Im hoping its a phase!:pray2:

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
LOL, Its the first dog that I have had in my life that did this. She does it to my wife and my son who is 10. She just doesn't like orders. I can't blame her 100%, because I am the same way. lol

@BIGBIGSURGE-my Lola does this too! Drives me crazy! And the more I try to quiet her down the more she does it. I can't give you any advise because im going through this myself but Im hoping its a phase!:pray2:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=7606]BIGBIGSURGE[/MENTION]-I think it has a lot to do with the bully personality too! They are known to be stubborn! When Lola was a puppy I thought it was cute too and now that she is a young adult it isn't so cute! I don't put up with my kids back talking so I'm not going to put up with it from her!:tongue:

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Lol no advice but just wanted to say that is adorabull, though I am sure it gets old fit you very fast, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't love a video! :D

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
Here ya go!

Lol no advice but just wanted to say that is adorabull, though I am sure it gets old fit you very fast, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't love a video! :D

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with the ignoring!!! But also have to say that I giggled all the way thro your video!!!!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Good luck with that little spit fire! I thought Cleo's stink eye's were bad enough, it is awfully cute though. Sorry I'm not much help, but it's just so cute.

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
I tried to ignore her before, all of a sudden I feel a nip on my pants or socks. She demands attention. I feel like a parent with an unruly teen!

Billy does this pccasionally. we have found the best way to deal with it is to totally ignore him, look away or even turn away if we are standing. wait for him to stop barking on his own, then praise him for being a good boy.
Any amount of fuss whilst she is barking re-enforces her behaviour, so try the ignoring technique, its working here. Good Luck :hug:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
haha sasha is fierce, that video is hysterical. I agree with ignoring her because she almost seems like she is playing with you every time you say something. She is getting in the butt up head down play stance. Have you tried having her sit first so you have her undivided attention then try a come command to get her in her bed? She's still a little girl you may want to work on basics of sit, come, stay, first. As far as the nipping goes get used to that you have a puppy bully with shark teeth they are notorious for that. Ask [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] they have a little sharkie on their hands at the moment.

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
LOL, teach her to sit, stay or anything right now is HELL! I wanted to wait until she was about 3 1/2 months to start training. She does know what "come" or "get out the kitchen" means. She has become my second job. She is very playful! Even when she frustrates me, I am laughing on the inside. Her little sharkie teeth are out of control. I have taught her not to chew on anything but her toys, as far as furniture and shoes. So THANK GOD about that part, forbid she murders the wife's Steve Madden's. ha ha ha

haha sasha is fierce, that video is hysterical. I agree with ignoring her because she almost seems like she is playing with you every time you say something. She is getting in the butt up head down play stance. Have you tried having her sit first so you have her undivided attention then try a come command to get her in her bed? She's still a little girl you may want to work on basics of sit, come, stay, first. As far as the nipping goes get used to that you have a puppy bully with shark teeth they are notorious for that. Ask @mer55 they have a little sharkie on their hands at the moment.

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Haha! She's an adorabull little brat. I wonder if you give commands and then offer treats when she complies, but only when she's quiet? When we went to school, Clara would complain a bit, but it was more whining than barking. Waiting to reward helped immensely.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
Good topic, you mentioned treats, with all the other pets I had in the past I gave them whatever. But I am concerned about what can affect her health so I haven't purchased any treats yet. Which ones do you use and suggest? Thanks for mentioning that.

Haha! She's an adorabull little brat. I wonder if you give commands and then offer treats when she complies, but only when she's quiet? When we went to school, Clara would complain a bit, but it was more whining than barking. Waiting to reward helped immensely.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.