Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Puppy Talks Back

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sasha Fierce
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My Puppy Talks Back

LOL, teach her to sit, stay or anything right now is HELL! I wanted to wait until she was about 3 1/2 months to start training. She does know what "come" or "get out the kitchen" means. She has become my second job. She is very playful! Even when she frustrates me, I am laughing on the inside. Her little sharkie teeth are out of control. I have taught her not to chew on anything but her toys, as far as furniture and shoes. So THANK GOD about that part, forbid she murders the wife's Steve Madden's. ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    haha sasha is fierce, that video is hysterical. I agree with ignoring her because she almost seems like she is playing with you every time you say something. She is getting in the butt up head down play stance. Have you tried having her sit first so you have her undivided attention then try a come command to get her in her bed? She's still a little girl you may want to work on basics of sit, come, stay, first. As far as the nipping goes get used to that you have a puppy bully with shark teeth they are notorious for that. Ask @mer55 they have a little sharkie on their hands at the moment.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)

Haha! She's an adorabull little brat. I wonder if you give commands and then offer treats when she complies, but only when she's quiet? When we went to school, Clara would complain a bit, but it was more whining than barking. Waiting to reward helped immensely.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sasha Fierce
    Likes (Received)

Good topic, you mentioned treats, with all the other pets I had in the past I gave them whatever. But I am concerned about what can affect her health so I haven't purchased any treats yet. Which ones do you use and suggest? Thanks for mentioning that.

Quote Originally Posted by matzwd View Post
    Haha! She's an adorabull little brat. I wonder if you give commands and then offer treats when she complies, but only when she's quiet? When we went to school, Clara would complain a bit, but it was more whining than barking. Waiting to reward helped immensely.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Thanks fOr the mention @Baconator: yes, we have our very own "jaws" living amongst us! You should see my arms and legs- FULL of tiny bite marks. Sometimes I just don't see it coming! We got hysterical last night as we realized Ed was on one couch and I was on the other, both of us with our feet tucked up under us as far as they would go while our little biting machine was running circles around the couches just like Jaws circled those small boats! We were being held hostage by an 11 week old puppy!! Wouldn't trade it for the world!!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIGSURGE View Post
    Good topic, you mentioned treats, with all the other pets I had in the past I gave them whatever. But I am concerned about what can affect her health so I haven't purchased any treats yet. Which ones do you use and suggest? Thanks for mentioning that.
    Well, I cheat a little and often use kibble, but a different brand and flavor from her normal food. Her regular diet is Fromm Gold Adult, but her "treats" are Earthborn Holistic Great Plains Feast. I do give little bits of banana or apple if I'm having it or an occasional bit of carrot. When we're actually having a training session, though, I use the kibble because it's easy to put a handful in my pocket, it's quicker for her to eat it so we can move on, and you can easily adjust her food if she has had more treats during her "workouts." As long as she thinks it's special, it works for me, and a 15 pound bag of good kibble is a huge savings on a few-ounce bag of premium treats. At bedtime, Clara will also do absolutely anything for her spoonful of pumpkin, which she absolutely must have if she's sleeping anywhere near hubby and me, lol.

Last edited by matzwd; 01-03-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIGSURGE View Post
    LOL, teach her to sit, stay or anything right now is HELL! I wanted to wait until she was about 3 1/2 months to start training. She does know what "come" or "get out the kitchen" means. She has become my second job. She is very playful! Even when she frustrates me, I am laughing on the inside. Her little sharkie teeth are out of control. I have taught her not to chew on anything but her toys, as far as furniture and shoes. So THANK GOD about that part, forbid she murders the wife's Steve Madden's. ha ha ha
    Watch out for Uggs and other plushy type women's boots Bacon was a connoisseur of them. He wouldn't touch my cheap shoes but Jen's nice one's forget about it.

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

JUST SAW THIS! I am still not good at checking my notifications. So I'm always a little late. But THANK YOU!!!!

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Omg toooooooooo cute I love little Sasha fierce she has a spike tail too huh???? My girl does too I love watching it wag n she still does the bully butt wiggle too !!!!! Ill say she thinks u r playing lol u don't sound too threatening even with the crutches video "ur about to get beat" lol she was saying yeah right dad n I laughed lol!!!!!!!! Everyone is right just ignore her when she barks if u speak to her u encourage her n then it's a game!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily and Daisy
    Likes (Received)

My Daisy is a big talker. It's usually just happy prattle talking. She doesn't "talk back" except in one situation. If I'm trying to get her to go potty, and she really can't just then, she'll start barking at me to let me know. It's definite barks rather than her typical growly howly talky voice. I love it when I recognize actual communication between us!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

She is so cute! She definitely has a lot to say!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

She's having fun and it's a game. Look at all that play bowing that's going on with the barking. So cute!

I think the less sound you use the better with this one. She likes to chit chat!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Bogey is a big "sassy barker" too! If we are trying to redirect him, he starts barking- and yes, we do try to ignore it. I have walked away, and if he nips at my heel, he gets one chance to redirect, or it's in the crate! This has worked tremendously! He comes out very calm and on occasion, it is only a matter of time before his parole is up and he is back in the pokey, but we are consistant with this. I truly believe that these little guys (and gals) have so much pent up puppy energy, that it comes out in the form of barking, nipping, lunging, etc. I do not think it is aggressiveness at all, but if it is met with aggressiveness, then it will be a problem later on. We try to minimize all of the outbursts, even the biting. Attention is attention, whether it is negative or positive, so I don't want him to act up just to get some! We are seeing a big difference with him in the last week. He still tries to nip our feet at times, but I am seeing some signs of restraint too! He will go to bite and almost catch himself, and circle (usually my foot) and bark at it, but if he does not go for the bite, he gets a big praise and a treat! I loved the video- and so did Bogey! He was in a sound sleep and when he heard it, he came barking into the kitchen!! LOL!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads