Recommended EBD Reading?

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I have been looking for a book about English bulldogs. Preferably something all inclusive, meaning not just about training, but health too. Don't get me wrong I LOVE all the help and information on this forum, and I am sure there isnt any book that is going to have half the information have found here, but i was wondering if you guys had any recommendations?

So far I am thinking about Bulldogs For Dummies.

Any other favorites or suggestions you guys might have?

I am a kindle user, so preferably something I could purchase an electronic copy of...

Thanking advance!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I just bought this magazine at PetSmart and really like it, has a lot of great information!!

100_1075.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1075.jpg
    100_1075.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]- I have that same magazine! Have you watched the DVD yet?

Also at petsmart they have hard bound books about just about every breed and they are pretty thick, although I have never bought the one on bulldogs I did skim it and it covers just about everything about bulldogs!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I just bought that one to and this one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@bulldogs4me- I have that same magazine! Have you watched the DVD yet?

Also at petsmart they have hard bound books about just about every breed and they are pretty thick, although I have never bought the one on bulldogs I did skim it and it covers just about everything about bulldogs!

I haven't watched it yet, I just got the magazine so have only thumbed through the pages so far.

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
I thumbed through the magazine at Petsmart. It seemed decent, but not worthy of my $12.95. If someone cares to persuade me otherwise, I'm all ears. :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]-I haven't watched it either but Im going to have to now! I love all the pictures in the magazine too!

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
That's what I originally thought too, but the electronic version is a little cheaper...wonder if the dvd is worth the extra couple bucks, would be really cool if they emailed the video or something...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I thumbed through the magazine at Petsmart. It seemed decent, but not worthy of my $12.95. If someone cares to persuade me otherwise, I'm all ears. :)

I'm just obsessed ... and right now I'm wanting to become a Certified Dog Trainer so every bit of information I can get my hands on is in my personal best interest so that's why I bought it ... after I read it cover to cover and watch the DVD I will let you know what I think :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@bulldogs4me-I haven't watched it either but Im going to have to now! I love all the pictures in the magazine too!

oh yeah I hear ya! the pictures are what pulled me in LOL I will admit it ... but I did read one section on crate training tonight and was thrilled to see that their "expert" advice was the same advice I gave in one of the threads the other day, really made me feel proud of myself that I could have been the one that wrote that portion of the article because I gave the same info! :clap: ok too much tooting my own horn? :lol:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]-toot away! You are :yoda: when it comes to bulldogs!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@bulldogs4me-toot away! You are :yoda: when it comes to bulldogs!

there is reason behind why I read and try to learn everything I can about training and caring for my dogs ... the heartbreak of losing a dog due to temperament issues can really change a person because for 3 years I've blamed myself for the death of my first bulldog ... so now I vow to never ever give up and let others (a vet that didn't even know her) make the decision of when its time to give up. There is a lot more to it, she did have some major issues but I know now there was still a chance to bring her around and she could still be with me today ... I'm a better person and bulldog parent because of her and Diesel and Molly have a much better life because of the changes in me :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]-Im so sorry for your loss! Guilt is one of the most ugly things to feel and I hope it gets better for you! You do know so much and are so helpful to everyone! I hope you someday get your dream and get to work with animals like you want to! Your bully's are very lucky to have you and you are lucky to have them.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]-Im so sorry for your loss! Guilt is one of the most ugly things to feel and I hope it gets better for you! You do know so much and are so helpful to everyone! I hope you someday get your dream and get to work with animals like you want to! Your bully's are very lucky to have you and you are lucky to have them.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.