Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I agree that Lucy thinks she is playing with a puppy. The advice here is sound. Redirecting Lucy when she demonstrates unwanted behaviours by crating (not as punishment but as management) her or putting her in a penned area ( always a good idea) away from the action when your daughter is on the floor will motivate her to change behaviour so she can be with her pack. If Lucy does play quietly or nicely with your toddler at any time, give her treats to reinforce this. I used to walk by Miss T when she was being good in her pen and randomly give her a tiny treat so as to say "yes this is what I want. " Miss T was in her penned area a lot as a pup because she was a holy terror. :yes: It will really help too if you keep her on a drag leash so you can jump in when necessary and give direction. I found putting her harness on with her leash dragging behind her inhibited her rambunctiousness. Also make sure she is getting lots of leash walks to burn off the crazy puppy stuff. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. You must be so frustrated!

Most Reactions