I am so damn tired!!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So once again I walk in my kitchen that has travertine tile, and Vegas has took a drink, I live in Florida so I do wear flip-flops 95% of the time, once before I hit the floor and bruised my tail-bone for a few weeks and tonight once again slip on his slobbery, slimey, after he had a drink, drool water that is left on my floor!!!! His bowl is on a rug, but that does not compare to the "drips/drooling" after he takes a drink, my back is KILLING me, due to the "careful" steps I have to take after he drinks, it is just never ending......and yet I :heart:, his guts out, slipping and sliding, bruised tail bone and all, I am MAD right now because I just walked into MY kitchen and about whiped out again!!!!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I have three drooling drinkers and finally had enough of mopping and falling when i almost broke my tail bone. We have carpet in the whole house except the kitchen so i put their water and food since when they eat there is food evrywhere to ..in their crates so by the time they walk from the room where there crates are to the kitchen(looking for food) their drips are all dripped out and no drool on my kitchen floor. Idk if this will help but it has worked for us.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
i have a drooling drinker too and it seems to be more water on the floor than in the bowl. I've slipped several times. I hope you are feeling better soon!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I keep a huge water bucket outside (I actually use a huge Corning Reverware soup pot- yes, they got the goods!) and in their beds only. Otherwise I would go insane, cuz I have a floor fettish :eek:

The licks and drools on the floor are more than enough!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I feel you on this one - our floors are also tile and laminate and Truman is a messy drinker and has taken to tipping over his water bowl for fun. Linus is very tidy but Bentley like to immerse his entire head except for nose in his bowl and them come put his puss on my laptop!

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I don't only have Chesty and Cadi that drool all over the place when they drink.....You should see baby Echo, he loves the water.....he has to have all four feet in the water and be splashing while he is drinking....I laugh all the way down the hall to get a towel to dry my floor (a floor that isn't supose to have standing water on it...it is that snap together floor with the sponge under it.) I am getting smarter though...I have put that water out side on the deck, so until he learns the doggie door he has to use his water dish and not mom and dads...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My dining area is carpeted and that's where Stiggy's crate and x-pen is, so my bf bought those vinyl flooring where they can be rolled easily. So since our whole house is carpetted, with the exception of the kitchen, Stiggy eats in his vinyl floored x-pen. He stays there until he's finished all his food and when he's ready to get out, we wipe his face dry. :whistle:.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
o between lex and our lab we have a lake trailing from the water bowl!! we also have tavertine in the den and jeff had put the water right by the step "up into the kitchen" and i swear me and that step became good friends lol.. finally I moved it across the room in the corner by tv were hardly anyone walks thats been the best place for it!!

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
Okay I consider myself an expert on this subject.

With two mastiffs and a bully I have a ton of drool issues. So far I have found taking wire ties or bungees and strapping the water bowl (I have one of those with a big jug on top) to the top of a milk crate and then putting a bath mat underneath it has cut down a lot of my problems. With it being elevated they sling less water and what they do sling goes on the bathmat. I just wash the bathmat every few days and clean the water bowl out really well when it has to be refiled.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Ooh..my... I have slipped several times for the same reasons!!! LOL that bully water/slime mixture is lethal!!!

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
I put their water dish inside a large bin just big enough to hold the water dish so most of the slobber goes in the bin. I've also used a flat rug under it to catch what comes out. Good Luck

Most Reactions