Looking to adopt a 1 year old male....

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
I was wanting to know if anyone has 3 bullies in their home. I have a female who is spayed and she is 2yrs. old, a male who is 7 1/2 months old who is nuetered. I am looking to adopt a college girl's bully. She has no time for him with school. He is not nuetered, but if I get him, he will be scheduled right away for that! My question is, 1. is it "ok" to bring another unaltered male into my home with my male and female, and 2. would there be a dominance (sp?) issue since he is a male? The male bully I'm thinking about adopting, he is 1yr. old. Does anyone else have 3 bullies running around their house? Any information is greatly appreciated!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Lots of us have several bullies running around our houses :) we have 2, but I know of several here who have more - definitely have to do the introduction in a neutral area - and get them used to each other - also getting him fixed ASAP is a wise move - will she provide all of his health records? is 'not having time' the real reason? I'd get as much information out of her as you can, but having 3 shouldnt be much more work than having 2. Just addition Vet bills, food, and time :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would get him fixed right away just to make sure no problems started.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2876]mom of 5[/MENTION] ... I have 4 bulldogs in my house right now, my 2 Diesel & Molly both 3 years old and altered and I have 2 fosters Chance & Destiny not sure of their ages but Chance is unaltered and he is just such a good boy very mellow and easy going, he is scheduled to be neutered next week and Destiny was just spayed about 5 or 6 days ago. The best thing I can say is when you bring the new boy into the home, set very clear Rules, Boundaries and Limitations and be 100% Consistent with them all the time and things will go well, just be firm but gentle with the rules so he understands from day 1 what is expected from him, and even if you have a few bumps in the road please please please don't give up on him just work with him and help him fit into your family :) good luck and keep us posted. and pictures post lots and lots of pictures :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have 3 dogs, 2 of which are bullies, and all are female. We were warned before getting another female that they tend to be aggressive when more than one is together. I don't have any issues at all. We just make sure they know WE are Alpha

OP
M

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
How did your dogs act when you brought the 2 foster's in? Are you planning on keeping them as well?

[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2876]mom of 5[/MENTION] - they are so use to dogs showing up at the house they didn't even flinch LOL one of my closest friends breeds and shows bulldogs so from time to time I babysit for them if they need me, so my dogs seem to just go with the flow when others show up. At this time, I am only fostering Chance & Destiny but I already feel the dread of Saturday when they go to the adoption fair, but I really want them to have a loving forever family ... Destiny would do best in a home as an only dog or an only female with a mellow male. Chance fits into any type of family he is just super and he seems to get along with everyone all the time!! So for them I would love to see someone come along that will really love them and can't wait to spend all their time with them!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lots of us have several bullies running around our houses :) we have 2, but I know of several here who have more - definitely have to do the introduction in a neutral area - and get them used to each other - also getting him fixed ASAP is a wise move - will she provide all of his health records? is 'not having time' the real reason? I'd get as much information out of her as you can, but having 3 shouldnt be much more work than having 2. Just addition Vet bills, food, and time :)

^^^^ great info

OP
M

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
Sorry for all the questions....:blush2:..I had my female Gucci first, then got Louie when he was 10 weeks old. Not sure how either will act to the "New" guy coming into their home. How should I introduce them?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Sorry for all the questions....:blush2:..I had my female Gucci first, then got Louie when he was 10 weeks old. Not sure how either will act to the "New" guy coming into their home. How should I introduce them?

is there a park near by that you could take them for introductions? Taking them for a pack walk is always a great way to get them to bond as a pack. don't be sorry for asking questions, that's what we all are here for!!!

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
Definately a walk together on neutral territory first. Everything may be fine and they get along without precautions, but you should set it up for success from the start and not take chances. It should be done so there is no face to face intro prior to the walk. You need 2 people for the walk. I would have 1 person walking one of the dogs, at a slow pace and the 2cnd person and dog, walk from behind and catch up to the first 2 and NOT have the dogs side by side. So have dog, person, person, dog walking together. The people should both be very relaxed, talking to each other (not excited) ignoring the dogs at first (hopefully the dogs are continuing the walk and not trying to meet each other too much). Keep walking, keeping separate but walking as a group until they are a little tired and just happy to walk (not pulling to meet). When you achieve this, and everything else looks good (body language, no staring etc...) then they can meet, with relaxed leashes. Thats what I would do. Good luck.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online