Most durable cloth toy?

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Spunky LOVES stuffed toys, cloth (anything not plastic...which she also loves) but she shreds them to pieces within 10 minutes! And I'm not talking about the fun squeaky toys I'm talking about durable ones!

Any suggestions on what works for your hard chewing bully?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry no help here. My guys can't have anything soft, no blankets, no pillows, no stuffed toys, or soft toys, they eat everything. The only toys I give them are the Kong toys.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Not much in the way of fabric based stuff here either. My crew destroys anything fabric based quickly as well. However, the one thing that seems to hold up is the stuff that looks like a lamb's fleece. I can have crate pads and tugs made of that. stuffies, not so much but they do make some unstuffed ones.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Have you tried Tuffy's toys? You can find them on Amazon. Aubie has the big pig and the shark. They are fabric, but a tougher fabric. She has yet to tear either one up, but she will tear up anything more flimsy like a regular stuffed toy. Her shark is her favorite toy and the best purchase we've made toy wise because its been durable for her.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I was just looking at tuffys, and didnt know if it was actually good or marketing ploy. I think I'll try one though.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH put a hole in the crocodile Tuff Toy in less than a day (we got her one for her 6th birthday in October).

She got the octopus/squid from @JAKEISGREAT for Christmas and that is holding up well so far and she has done a lot of pull and rip on it.

Other than that only hard toys hold up for any length of time with Her Royal Rip and Tear.

HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
I got a few Kong stuffed toys with rope thru the middle in a knot for mine for christmas. So far so good. Called Kong Knots. Kozmo and Bandit have pulled apart all the other ones I have tried in less than 15 minutes. Also got a squirrel with a rubber center under furry cover and it is doing good so far. All at Pet Smart.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
The girls each have their own Tuffy Alligator and they have had them for 2 years now! some threads have come off etc...but they are still very playable. The Tuffy Toys have different levels of tuffness.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I went a head and moved this into the correct category. That way you may get more suggestions. :idea:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
HRH put a hole in the crocodile Tuff Toy in less than a day (we got her one for her 6th birthday in October).

She got the octopus/squid from @JAKEISGREAT for Christmas and that is holding up well so far and she has done a lot of pull and rip on it.

Other than that only hard toys hold up for any length of time with Her Royal Rip and Tear.

I hope it holds up..Jake really hasn't found one that will last!

Lucy has had the Pig...stood up to her alone until Billy came along and they played tug with it then it died..as did the crocodile which didnt even see the day out.

Angieeee...if your package were to show up...there might be sumpin like this for Lucy n Billy..:hissy::hissy::hissy:

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
I found the toys made out of fire hose material stand up pretty well. Xena is still too little to really tell, but my mastiffs haven't been able to tear them up yet and had them over a year

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I can't complain about Ftse with stuffed toys he has not wrecked one yet unlike wooden furniture.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I just checked the Tyffy website. It seems they have different degrees of toughness with their toys and actually rate them on a scale up to 10, 6 being the lowest. the Mega series are all 10s and the Ultimate series are 9s. It's a crap shoot with any of the cute animal or alien shaped ones. None of those are 10s and most don't go above an 8. If you check their website you can see how each one is rated. Thought you'd like to know.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I just checked the Tyffy website. It seems they have different degrees of toughness with their toys and actually rate them on a scale up to 10, 6 being the lowest. the Mega series are all 10s and the Ultimate series are 9s. It's a crap shoot with any of the cute animal or alien shaped ones. None of those are 10s and most don't go above an 8. If you check their website you can see how each one is rated. Thought you'd like to know.

Yes..the tags have the rating number..but FYI..Jake killed a 10 in less than 30 minutes..:bang:

Most Reactions