Happy New Year from Winston, the flying bulldog!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Happy New Years to all our new friends here at EBN! The new year came about two hours ago, but we were outside having too much fun to come in and sit at the computer.

Here in Texas, we blow stuff up at midnight. We don't even bother going to professional displays anymore, as our neighbors (and sometimes us too) spend probably thousands of dollars (all together, not separately, lol) on fireworks and set them off here in our streets. About half an hour before midnight, we took Winston outside.

I wasn't so sure this was a good idea. Whenever Winston hears a loud noise, he always barks and looks for it. Strangely enough he is just fine through thunderstorms, it's just fireworks and gunshots that set him off. But tonight, I'll be damned if he wasn't ENJOYING the fireworks! At first, every time a loud burst went off, he'd bark like a mad dog and set off after the lights in the sky. He jumps too, trying to catch the sparkles. After a little while he got tired, and just sat down and looked up! He had such a good time, but Mama made him go inside and get some water a little after midnight because, well honestly he looked rabid with slobber dripping down his chin. I was afraid he was overstimulated and was going to hurt himself.

I am relieved to find out that he was having fun though, and wasn't scared to death of the loud noises. Happy New Year to my baby! I'm glad he had fun, too.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I'm glad that you all had a good time! My dog Bertie doesn't like fireworks at all! Hope you have a great New Year!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
sounds like a lot of fun, glad your baby got to join in the fun too!!!!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
We are in Texas too! Spunky celebrated with us when we started jumping at midnight and she started jumping with us lol of course we calmed down so she wouldn't hurt herself...

Happy new year!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy new year to you also.... however, where are the pictures???:tapfoot:

OP
Tracy T

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I wish I had video of the whole episode, but at the particular time I was more worried about Winston not taking my arm off as he lunged about, usually in 180 degree arcs. ^^

And while last night was vastly entertaining, it is certainly not worth the results of this morning. Winston has overdone himself, and is having trouble walking. We can't find any injury, so we can only assume his hind legs are as sore as if I had tried to run a marathon. We'll give him a few days and if he doesn't get better, we'll be off to his vet to make sure there is no injury. My poor baby, and I am a very bad Mama.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.