how to stop bully from gnawing ???

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
stig has this habit of gnawing our arms, hands & feet whenever we play with him, ie. hugs, chase, etc. he seems to not listen to our normal 'no' signals, such as the making the 'psst' sound. does anyone have any advice? he doesn't hurt us, but we'd like to get him out of that habit especially if our little cousins/nephews/nieces are around.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
stig has this habit of gnawing our arms, hands & feet whenever we play with him, ie. hugs, chase, etc. he seems to not listen to our normal 'no' signals, such as the making the 'psst' sound. does anyone have any advice? he doesn't hurt us, but we'd like to get him out of that habit especially if our little cousins/nephews/nieces are around.
would love to help but Mr.Beefy does the same thing with me and my 10yr old he just doesnt do it with the 3 yr old....idk why but he is very gentle with him.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help here, even Cutty still does this every once in a while when he is feeling frisky and wants to play. It is also very gentle so I dont worry about it much.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
How old is Stig? Vegas did this also up until he was about a year old. Never broke the skin but definately mouthed us. Just One of the MANY reason's he does not sleep in my bed, he would not leave our feet alone, if he did, that meant he was peeing in my bed :eek: I would just yell "GENTLE" and he would slow it down. Even now when I give him a treat, (first of all he would inhale my whole arm if I let him), but I say "gentle" and he slowly takes it from my hand.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

I just learned today too during his afternoon walk that that I need to ask him to 'sit' before I give him a treat. If not, he'd run to it and lunge with his mouth wide open and then bite my fingers :eek:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

I just learned today too during his afternoon walk that that I need to ask him to 'sit' before I give him a treat. If not, he'd run to it and lunge with his mouth wide open and then bite my fingers :eek:

What a HUGE difference it makes when I give him a treat without thinking, and when I say "gentle" He most certainly knows the difference!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Bentley was a really mouthy puppy too and used his jaw a bit too much for my liking. We used to put our thumb in his mouth and gently yet firmly depress his tongue and tell him "no!" when he started that behavior. He eventually grew out of it but I remember it being quite an ordeal for a while. I also recommend canned air to correct any undesirable behavior - one puff on the rear and I can leave my cat's food on the ground again and Truman won't touch it!

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I have no help ... but I had to tell you he is to cute!!!!! Is he all White?

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION] - Thanks! He's all white with spotted ears. The photo was taken when he was trying to get out of the car while we were waiting for our dinner.

@jillh10 - Good tip, maybe I will get one tonite. Thanks!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.