izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
hi everyone,

not sure if this is general knowledge for dog owners but i just found out that those with sensitive skin / allergies, like my stig, can benefit from non-nylon collars & harnesses. he used scratch his shoulder area and the area on top of his shoulders had 'darkened' skin, but after buying him a harness made from hemp, the darkened skin turned back to normal and his 'hot spot' is getting a lot better!

once he gets bigger and into his adult size more, we're going to get him a leather 'buddy belt'. i heard leather is the best type.

hope this helps someone who's wondering about they bullies skin! :bully:

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Horse has always had a nylon harness and collar. He needed a new one, and I bought him a nice organic hemp one. Eventhough he only wears his collar outside, within a few days his whole neck under the collar was red, itchy and losing the hair. Never thought a dog could be allergic to their collar! We switched back to nylon and the area still has less hair and is red sometimes, so I am going to try leather next! Leave it to bulldogs to be allergic to everything!

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=340]laurentourville[/MENTION]

sounds like horse and stig are brothers from different mothers :lol: i think they're allergic to everything. and he's all white too! except for the spotted ears ...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
[MENTION=340]laurentourville[/MENTION]

sounds like horse and stig are brothers from different mothers :lol: i think they're allergic to everything. and he's all white too! except for the spotted ears ...

I was just thinking your Stig looks a lot like my Linus as a puppy - he was (and is) all white with polka dotted ears!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I ordered a harness and leash from Carolina Pet Pantry today. I will let you all know how they are! They are Dozer brand! Loads of different patterns to choose from.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] That's awesome, they're probably long lost brothers! I hope Stig grows up as handsome as Linus. ps. Cute name too!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.