loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I have to feed Franklin by hand little by little if not he would eat his food in 2 seconds an then go to graces I've never seen a dog eat so fast it's crazy but good luck :smileywelcome: to ebn

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola does this too! I havent tried the feeding ball or bowl but I may just have to!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
We use a tennis ball.... Now takes remi 2.5 times as long to eat his food. More like inhale!! Vomiting and hacking now greatly reduced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi and :welcome to EBN. I can't really add any more suggestions on slow feed bowls but wanted to welcome you to the site. When my Wilson and Emma were puppies they ate fast but they grew out of it as the got older. Now they eat normal. Ruby's pretty dang cute too. :)

OP
Rubyroo

Rubyroo

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Awww thank you everyone for all your suggestions and lovely comments about ruby what a lovely site this is
we are going to try the balls first due to a lot of you coming up with that suggestion
I will let u all no how it goes
thank u all so much :clap2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our girl is a fast eater too.... I add water to the kibble which slows her down. You'll find you may have to try a few things before you get what works for her... best of luck with your little sweety -- keep us posted on how she does.

OP
Rubyroo

Rubyroo

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thank u everyone feel free to add us a friend :-) x

OP
Rubyroo

Rubyroo

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
We have brought ruby a slow down bowl with all humps in it it did slow her down a lot but she did snort and grunt more haha we also got her a bowl with a floater bit in the middle so she don't have to stick her whole mouth in the bowl :-) thanks again peeps x

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

This was a good read. I have many bulldogs and everyone of them gulps. Only one of them ever had any problem with throwing up after eating.

I use a kibble that is very small. Easy to swallow so this avoids any choking...99% of the time. But every time I feed them I stand there and WATCH them closely. they eat in 45-90 seconds depending on the size of the dog and how much food they get. I did have to do the Heimlich on one of them. I could tell right away from the color of the tongue turning pale blue. One squeeze and she was fine.

Scared me to death !

I think I will look into the slow-feed bowls first. I think the balls would freak out my dogs too much?

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.