Bully eats really fast

Rubyroo

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hiya new to all this lol
just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to slow my bully down when eating she's on hills I.d prescription diet but with every feed she is ravenous
ive tried stones in her bowl I've tried hand feeding her she doesn't chew either she just swallows it
any advice greatly recieved thanks :-)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hiya new to all this lol
just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to slow my bully down when eating she's on hills I.d prescription diet but with every feed she is ravenous
ive tried stones in her bowl I've tried hand feeding her she doesn't chew either she just swallows it
any advice greatly recieved thanks :-)

:smileywelcome: to the site. there's something called a slow feeding bowl, it has an island in the middle of it. dogs generally as a rule don't chew their food. they bolt it, flick it with their tongue and inhale at the same time, which can lead to choking if done too fast.
dog's do chew on toys and bones. and that's something these guys love

M

mabel lou

maybe try giving her super small amounts and as she begins to inhale it, pick it up right when she starts to devour it and say slow down and then place it down again and just keep repeating it. My girl does that with her water and this is how I came up with a solution and now all I have to say is slow down from afar and she stops and starts over again drinking it normal.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have one of those! Bulldog who inhales. We have the slow feed bowl....actually we have 3. We are now trying the balls in the bowl. But...not just one, we have two!

She slows down a bit, but most importantly.....her throwing up after each meal has drastically been reduced.

Last edited:
OP
Rubyroo

Rubyroo

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
That is brill thank you for all your answers I will try them and let you no how we get on
:-)
p.s I have uploaded some pics of ruby put have no idea how to put her as profile pic ??

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I also use a slow feed bowl. The balls and "hump" ones don't work for me, Bella's food is mixed with raw and wet meds, so those just stick. I have to use the one with the divided sections.

Other than a fast feed, is she doing well? is she digesting the food? any Poo issues?

OP
Rubyroo

Rubyroo

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
nope everything like that is fine she was spayed 2 days ago and is more lively than ever lol but apart from soaking the floor when having a drink and being ignorant usual bulldog traits i think nah she is perfect really haha

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I don't like the slow feed bowls....I use 3 slow feed balls in Bertie's dish...2 large and 1 small....it really slows her down a lot!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
sounds like you got a lot of great advice already so I just want to say :welcome3: to EBN, glad you joined, looking forward to seeing lots of pictures!!

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
WELCOME this is a really great sight -i call it my bulldog support group -hope you enjoy it too

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome! Ruby is stunningly beautiful and that is a very sweet avatar pic! :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.