Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Leesa, that's great news about Destiny--hoping things will work out wonderfully for that little gir. As for Chance, is he home with you yet? You sound so happy to be getting that little guy back and understandably so! Keep us updated on how he's doing and what happens with Destiny, please :)

after talking with Laura today and knowing that Destiny jumped Chance yesterday, he is fine just a few scrapes on his head but nothing to awful bad ... Destiny is going to only be placed in a home with no other animals, she is just perfect with people but she is definitely dog aggressive and they will work very hard to get her the perfect family, at this time she is with Laura and will be kept there until the right family is found.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
SUNDAY UPDATE: Finally have some updated information :) I will be going today at 11:30 to pick up Chance and bring him back home to stay with us ... Destiny is on a home trial with a family that is very interested in her becoming their new family member so she won't be coming back but I really hope this family works out and she has found her forever home!!!! But I am thrilled to say Chance will be back and sleeping happily in his favorite bed this afternoon :clap:

side note: Destiny (aka Cruella) did her famous "kick yo butt" to Chance yesterday so I'm glad I had warned them of her behavior, they had left a leash on her so they could correct her if need be ... but this new family has no other pets and can only have 1 pet in their leased home so will be perfect for her!! and Chance well just can't wait to get Chance back here with us!!!!

:jumping:

What wonderful news..... so hope this works out for her!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
So the family that had her returned her to Laura? That is so sad. It's sad that she went to them without the home/lifestyle being checked first. I honestly believe that Aldo would be alive today if the people involved would have used their heads before placing him. If you have a dog aggressive dog....the right home is NOT one with 2 other dogs. That was just setting him up to fail, which he did.

I really hope Destiny finds a place where she belongs. There is a place out there that is perfect for her. And for Chance. (although it sounds as if Chance already has the perfect home, foster or not)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm glad he's back with you and that you'll also have input in the choice of his forever home!!!

Poor Destiny... I'm guessing her trial at the other potential adopters home didn't go too well?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just sorta catching up here. How wonderful that you'll be Chance's long term foster momma. :clap: I hope that Destiny finds the right home. Cheryl's right too, it very important that she be placed in the right home. Looking forward to updates. :)

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I gave wrong information earlier ... I thought for some reason that Destiny had gone to a home trial but what had actually happened is she went to Laura who has this really great set up for the foster dogs she has, I was there to see it with my own eyes today when I picked up Chance ... I loved seeing that they had multiple big dog beds around their living room where they let the dogs hang out. The kennels that the fosters sleep in are better then what I have for my babies ... they have big kennels with a bed inside a heated dog house ... nice & clean if I didn't see dogs and hear dogs I wouldn't even know they had any in their home, no dog smells at all I was really impressed. Laura is keeping Destiny in her home until a forever home can be found, after Destiny attacked Chance she wasn't wanting Destiny in any home but her own where she can keep her save and well cared for until the perfect home is found. Sorry I spread wrong information but I got excited when I heard home and Destiny went to and the rest I guess just passed through my ears and I didn't exactly listen very well :ashamed: but Destiny is safe and in a warm place with food water and will be given love and attention, she will just not be allowed around other dogs. But I can still get updates for everyone once a week on her :)

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
So the family that had her returned her to Laura? That is so sad. It's sad that she went to them without the home/lifestyle being checked first. I honestly believe that Aldo would be alive today if the people involved would have used their heads before placing him. If you have a dog aggressive dog....the right home is NOT one with 2 other dogs. That was just setting him up to fail, which he did.

I really hope Destiny finds a place where she belongs. There is a place out there that is perfect for her. And for Chance. (although it sounds as if Chance already has the perfect home, foster or not)

My dedication to keeping the peace in my home and not giving up on Destiny was for Aldo I didn't know him but it broke my heart when I read what had happened and how hurt you were so there was no way I was going to give up on Destiny or let anything bad happen to her in honor of you and Aldo!!! And she is still being given that same chance with Laura who will work non-stop to find the perfect home for her ... Laura really loves bulldogs so she won't give up :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]-Im glad Destiny is in a good foster home! I really think Chance is happy with you!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I am happy to hear these updates. Glad Chance is back with you too [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]. Selfishly so. :ashamed:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
It is so wonderful that both you and Laura have such big hearts. . It restores my faith a little, after the terrible weekend you went through. Glad to know it has been straightened out and you are now recognized as Chance's foster parent and will have a say in his furever home.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
It is so wonderful that both you and Laura have such big hearts. . It restores my faith a little, after the terrible weekend you went through. Glad to know it has been straightened out and you are now recognized as Chance's foster parent and will have a say in his furever home.

Laura actually forwards emails of interest in him to me, I didn't know that was what was going to happen but when I got an email today, she asked if I would answer the questions the lady had and then said if I feel like it would be a good fit to let her know and she will give them an application ... made me feel really good that I get a say in it!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Laura actually forwards emails of interest in him to me, I didn't know that was what was going to happen but when I got an email today, she asked if I would answer the questions the lady had and then said if I feel like it would be a good fit to let her know and she will give them an application ... made me feel really good that I get a say in it!

Just catching up on all of this. What a wonderful thing you are doing. I just had my first foster and boy is it hard to watch them go. But helping chose the right family made me so happy! Good luck and enjoy that sweet Chance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

This is wonderful news ... and how every good rescue organisation should be run. Nobody knows a bully better than their foster Mum!!! :yes:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
That is great that you get a say in who gets to put in a application on him!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.