2 Foster Bulldogs ...

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Maybe they were adopted, and they just haven't updated the website yet? Still! I think I am about half as anxious as you are to find out about those two.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Saturday Update: I'm feeling a little lost, no phone call, I made it very very clear that if no one adopted them I would pick them up and bring them back into my home until the next adoption fair next Saturday .... well I waited on pins and needles all day then 3:30 came and went I called to find out if I should come pick them up ... no answer and no return phone call, so I check the website they say if your reading this then this pet is available for adoption ... Chance & Destiny are STILL listed as available .... what the heck!!! I knew I should have just drove back in around 3pm to pick them up or just to see for myself that they were gone ... but I tried to be patient and now I'm left sitting here wondering what is going on ... where are they and why wasn't I called to come get them!!! I'm frustrated to say the least!!

@kazzy220 - I want to foster for you, you have this foster/adoption thing going on the right way!!! because the way things are going right now just really suck :(

that is down right cruel to not have called you

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - I think so too :( I'm sad but like my son said I shouldn't have tried to be all nice and patient I should have been pushy and just showed up at the end of the day just in case they were still there.

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] - no word and they are closed Sunday & Monday but first thing Tuesday morning I'm going to be calling to find out what is going on and if they haven't been adopted I'm going to "tell" them I will pick them up instead of "asking" if I can.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Ugh. How rude if them. Is there any other way you can get a hold of them?

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
My heart goes out to you. This is so harsh. How can anyone expect you to go through the rest of the weekend without knowing what is happening. This is not acceptable and it is so so unfair. Anyone with any compassion would know enough to inform you about what happened today. You went there today with pure optimism, good will, and with total concern with the welfare of both Destiny and Chance. I don't know how you will get through the next while. Maybe that is because I am projecting my own vulnerability. I am thinking of you, holding you close to my heart and so hoping that someone will come through for you and let you know what is happening. After all you have done this is so terribly thoughtless and unkind. I hope Destiny and Chance are OK . Shame on the rescue group for not taking your feelings/ commitment into consideration through this process. How difficult this must be for you! Those who have the responsibility to keep everyone informed need a lesson in matters of the heart. I am sure they mean well but this is so hurtful. I know I am far away in Canada but I would take Chance as a friend for Miss Tallulah rather than see him and you go through any more of this.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
SUNDAY UPDATE: Finally have some updated information :) I will be going today at 11:30 to pick up Chance and bring him back home to stay with us ... Destiny is on a home trial with a family that is very interested in her becoming their new family member so she won't be coming back but I really hope this family works out and she has found her forever home!!!! But I am thrilled to say Chance will be back and sleeping happily in his favorite bed this afternoon :clap:

side note: Destiny (aka Cruella) did her famous "kick yo butt" to Chance yesterday so I'm glad I had warned them of her behavior, they had left a leash on her so they could correct her if need be ... but this new family has no other pets and can only have 1 pet in their leased home so will be perfect for her!! and Chance well just can't wait to get Chance back here with us!!!!

:jumping:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Oh thank God that you finally got some news! I am so happy for Destiny that she is going to have a new home. Without any other dogs around, she should be very happy. Hopefully they know what to expect if they take her out to socialize, lol.

And I am even happier that Mr. Chance is coming home to his Mommy. I really hope we get to keep updated on him in the future, and that his parent(s) become (or already are :whistle: )part of EBN.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]-that is great news! Im glad you get him back for a while! I cant tell you are getting very attached!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
SUNDAY UPDATE: Finally have some updated information :) I will be going today at 11:30 to pick up Chance and bring him back home to stay with us ... Destiny is on a home trial with a family that is very interested in her becoming their new family member so she won't be coming back but I really hope this family works out and she has found her forever home!!!! But I am thrilled to say Chance will be back and sleeping happily in his favorite bed this afternoon :clap:

side note: Destiny (aka Cruella) did her famous "kick yo butt" to Chance yesterday so I'm glad I had warned them of her behavior, they had left a leash on her so they could correct her if need be ... but this new family has no other pets and can only have 1 pet in their leased home so will be perfect for her!! and Chance well just can't wait to get Chance back here with us!!!!

:jumping:

Phew .. so where was Chance last night if not with you???? I would maybe apply to foster for your local bully rescue. This orgnaisation, although I'm sure means well and does wonderful work, doesn't seem very well organised. I would have been out of my mind with worry if I had been in the same situation!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Leesa, that's great news about Destiny--hoping things will work out wonderfully for that little gir. As for Chance, is he home with you yet? You sound so happy to be getting that little guy back and understandably so! Keep us updated on how he's doing and what happens with Destiny, please :)

M

mabel lou

While reading all the comments about Chance coming back home ect, I thought you ended up adopting him. So is he just at your home for the week until adoption day again? Or are you actually adopting him now? You sound perfect for him lol and he sounds as though he fits well into your family. I wish you and him the best for whatever the outcome may be. Keep us posted as this has been a very interesting journey of the 2 bullies.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Phew .. so where was Chance last night if not with you???? I would maybe apply to foster for your local bully rescue. This orgnaisation, although I'm sure means well and does wonderful work, doesn't seem very well organised. I would have been out of my mind with worry if I had been in the same situation!!!

Chance was home with Laura the lady that runs the rescue, she wasn't told that I requested a phone call if I needed to pick him up at the end of the adoption fair. She has a soft spot for English Bulldogs and admitted that if no one adopts him he may just end up as one of her personal pack members, if I don't keep him that is LOL so like all of you she can already read me like a book!! Chance showed a side of himself that I hadn't seen, last night when Laura's husband tried to take him out of the truck he growled and snapped at him ... I know it was because he was probably stressed and probably a little scared ... so when I went to pick him up he was happy to see me which made me happy :) we went to the truck he was more then happy to try to get himself in, but a little assistance was needed ... but when we got home I opened the front door of the truck and he got scared and growled at me then jumped into the back seat trying to hide from me so I opened the back door of the truck (I have a Dodge Quad Cap Pick up) I took a deep breath and just lead him to the edge of the seat and he allowed me to help him out ... think he may have been overpowered with negative energy in his past home so take him a minute to adjust and realize no one will hurt him anymore ... but he has a good memory of getting out of the truck now so that will be his last memory for the next time :) he has found the bed he loved so much and cuddled up for nap time so all is falling back into place! although this week is going to be a little crazy for the poor guy, he goes to the vet tomorrow afternoon and will stay the night there, get neutered on Tuesday and I will be able to pick him up on Wednesday morning then back to the adoption fair on Saturday ... but from now on when the adoption fair ends he will for sure come home with me, I am now his official long term foster parent :clap: plus I will get to meet anyone who wants to adopt him before he goes to their home!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.