Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
FRIDAY UPDATE: I can't believe it's Friday already :( will find out today if the gal my son is talking to about Destiny is going to meet me at the adoption fair tomorrow, the more he tells me about her and her husband the more perfect they sound for Destiny ... they want a dog really super bad but only 1 and they are at the point in life where children are a heck no for them LOL they are young so I'm sure years down the road that will change but I want them to take Destiny it would be the perfect situation for her! Chance is going to fit anywhere he is just a sweetheart of a boy and loves other dogs well not as much as he loves sleeping in a warm comfy bed but he is great with other dogs all the same!! Things have been going great now that Destiny is kept on leash when out of the crate, she still tries to be little miss tough girl but I correct her immediately and she has that "oh yeah not suppose to do that moment" and moves on. Being firm and consistent has been key for her, she really needs the rules, boundaries and limitations to be firm and clear!!!

Destiny is doing so much better with walking on leash, when I brought her home on Saturday she darn near pulled my arm off with her tugging me around ... but I've been working with her and she is better, quick correction to remind her to mind her manners and she falls in and follows right beside me on walks ... she is learning sit & down but needs more work but she at least understands I want her to do something now ... she had no clue what it was all about before. Who ever gets her would do go by taking a basic training class with her. Overall, she is a really sweet girl and in the right family (no other dogs) she will be perfect, she is mellow in the house, give her a bed to lay on and she is happy as can be! she has no food aggression at all so that is excellent. hasn't been destructive with home or toys another huge plus! she is potty trained and will let you know she needs to go outside. she is crate trained and is very comfortable in her crate. She is definitely ready for a new forever home!!

Chance, well Chance is just awesome ... He is doing much better on his walking on a leash too ... first walk was a nightmare and he too tried to pull my arm off, but he really wants to please so give him instruction and he is quick to follow the lead. He is a typical bulldog and needs to think about the whole sit & down thing, is it really necessary? and I'm pretty sure the only thought he has is "can't I just lay in this comfy bed?" Chance is very entertaining due to his laziness, he tries to fight sleep even more then Diesel does and it's so fun to watch him try to stay awake! Overall, Chance is most definitely ready for his new forever home!! He is potty trained and as long as you let him out a few times a day he is good ... he is crate trained though he would prefer to lay in a bed ... he is not destructive to home or toys ... he does like to have a stuffed toy he can carry around and sleep with ... he will stay at the open door way and not leave the house unless he is invited, which is so awesome!! ... no food aggression of any kind ... he is great with other dogs ... I think he would be suited for any type home, dogs, kids, elderly family members he is just superb!! He goes with the flow and doesn't question or challenge anything, he is just a great boy!!! I honestly have no idea what so ever as to why someone would get rid of him!!!

Tomorrow is going to be a sad day for me, but I hope and pray that it finds them their new forever home!! I will keep you all posted and thank you for going on this journey with us :hug:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Paws crossed for furever homes for Destiny and Chance! Hope they make a 'love connection' tomorrow with new families that will fit their needs.
Best Wishes!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] it's amazing what your doing for Destiny and Chance, I really admire your determination (these 2 bullies were put in your path for a reason)...

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Good luck to Destiny and Chance today! And good luck to you also! Waiting semi-patiently to hear how things turn out. :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Wishing you, Destiny and Chance a wonderful day full of possibilities. What you have done is amazing. Every word you write about them is so full of love and hopefulness for these 2 beautiful Bullies. You have prepared them so well to be welcomed into forever homes. And the invaluable information you are able to pass on about the unique nature of each Bully is the result of all the patience and caring you brought to this challenge. It will be a truly bittersweet day for you if Chance and Destiny find their new homes today. You are one very special person.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
It's the dreaded Saturday :( I can not believe how difficult it was to drop them off and walk away ... but to make things even worse, they started pushing the playpen across the floor trying to follow me completely breaking my heart!!! I let Pets Without Partners know what type home I felt would be best for Destiny, the gal that my son works with it trying to get all her work done so she can head over and PWP knows her name and that she is interested in Destiny. They will call me this afternoon, if for some reason neither of them are adopted and I will pick them up and bring them back home for another week of fostering and training ... just have to wait and see what happens.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Leesa, even if they do get adopted today will you have some time left to spend with them at all or do they go to their new homes right away?

Fostering them has been such a blessing for Destiny and Chance and for those of us who got to hear about their time spent with you.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Leesa, even if they do get adopted today will you have some time left to spend with them at all or do they go to their new homes right away?

Fostering them has been such a blessing for Destiny and Chance and for those of us who got to hear about their time spent with you.

If someone adopts them they go home with them right away, and then they have a home visit to make sure they are fitting in etc. I really want them to find forever homes so they have a forever family ... but I really will miss them, they are such sweet babies!!! I left EBN Business Cards to go with them so that hopefully the new parents will join so we can all continue to see them and hear how they are.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] it's amazing what your doing for Destiny and Chance, I really admire your determination (these 2 bullies were put in your path for a reason)...

Where the heck have you been [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION]? GREAT to see you by the way. :detective2: Now, you owe us all an explanation! LOL

It's the dreaded Saturday :( I can not believe how difficult it was to drop them off and walk away ... but to make things even worse, they started pushing the playpen across the floor trying to follow me completely breaking my heart!!! I let Pets Without Partners know what type home I felt would be best for Destiny, the gal that my son works with it trying to get all her work done so she can head over and PWP knows her name and that she is interested in Destiny. They will call me this afternoon, if for some reason neither of them are adopted and I will pick them up and bring them back home for another week of fostering and training ... just have to wait and see what happens.

Here's the part that I couldn't bear; the letting go part. I'd be the queen of Foster Failures...I know it. I can watch commercial after commercial about starving children and homeless blah de blah but one commercial for the ASPCA and I'm sitting in a puddle. Destiny and Chance were so lucky to have you....and I am dying to know if they found the best homes for them today. My heart is in my throat [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION]. One part of me wants their adoption --- a FOREVER adoption - and the other part wants them back home with you. (it's selfish. I just want to know they're happy)

Someone else said "These dogs were put in your path for a reason..." (Thanks [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] *wink*). Absofreekingloootly true. And I admire your desire to keep fostering like that. Anyone who fosters --- and there are MANY of you here -- god love ya. You are doing what I cannot; so I just throw money at it and HOPE it will get better. :pouting: *sniff*

Don't forget to update us!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

WOW .. that is so tough on you!!! We do things a little different. The potential adopter fills in an application first and we do a vet check, then we hand the application to the foster pawrent so they can do a telephone interview and also the home check if they are in the same area. The foster mum has the ultimate say as to whether the bully goes to that new home or not.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Saturday Update: I'm feeling a little lost, no phone call, I made it very very clear that if no one adopted them I would pick them up and bring them back into my home until the next adoption fair next Saturday .... well I waited on pins and needles all day then 3:30 came and went I called to find out if I should come pick them up ... no answer and no return phone call, so I check the website they say if your reading this then this pet is available for adoption ... Chance & Destiny are STILL listed as available .... what the heck!!! I knew I should have just drove back in around 3pm to pick them up or just to see for myself that they were gone ... but I tried to be patient and now I'm left sitting here wondering what is going on ... where are they and why wasn't I called to come get them!!! I'm frustrated to say the least!!

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - I want to foster for you, you have this foster/adoption thing going on the right way!!! because the way things are going right now just really suck :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Saturday Update: I'm feeling a little lost, no phone call, I made it very very clear that if no one adopted them I would pick them up and bring them back into my home until the next adoption fair next Saturday .... well I waited on pins and needles all day then 3:30 came and went I called to find out if I should come pick them up ... no answer and no return phone call, so I check the website they say if your reading this then this pet is available for adoption ... Chance & Destiny are STILL listed as available .... what the heck!!! I knew I should have just drove back in around 3pm to pick them up or just to see for myself that they were gone ... but I tried to be patient and now I'm left sitting here wondering what is going on ... where are they and why wasn't I called to come get them!!! I'm frustrated to say the least!!

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - I want to foster for you, you have this foster/adoption thing going on the right way!!! because the way things are going right now just really suck :(

Wow I'm shocked. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Wow I'm shocked. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Me too! :( I thought they would want them in a home environment where they are loved and treated like a family member, I just don't understand!! They are closed on Sunday & Monday so I won't even be able to find out anything until Tuesday ... but come Tuesday I will be burning up the phone line to find out where and how Chance & Destiny are and if I need to come pick them up!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.