2 Foster Bulldogs ...

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Way to go! There will be hiccups but don't hold onto those focus on the positive and reward positive results with praise and treats! lol
THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS FOR THEM! We are here to support you!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Monday Update Part 2: Well things took a turn for the worse :( Destiny attacked my sons lab Ally :( she definitely went in for the kill, straight to Ally's throat, she wouldn't let go and just kept shaking her head thank goodness my son was home and we were able to get them apart without any damage ... a little blood but no need for vet care! So Destiny is in the crate and will go out alone for right now, she keeps staring at Ally and making little odd sounds, I correct her each time and she will lay down and look all sad.

This sounds like how my bullys play all the time. They growl, go for each other's throats or any where else they can get. They bump, run and jump over each other and pull each other around the yard. Sometimes I find scabs on them too.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
This sounds like how my bullys play all the time. They growl, go for each other's throats or any where else they can get. They bump, run and jump over each other and pull each other around the yard. Sometimes I find scabs on them too.

mine play rough like that too but this isn't play in any way :( Destiny really wants to hurt Ally. We had a second fight today, she attacked so fast I had to jump off the deck and try to get in the middle of them to break it up, I was on my own this fight but thankfully no injuries just a little blood again ... we are for now doing a rotation arrangement with Ally and Destiny.

A

Alaskasmom1

MONDAY UPDATE: Chance & Destiny are really settling in now ... Destiny is a bit of a dominate female so I have to watch and correct her when she gets in her mood but a simple ATAT and she backs off nicely. Chance really really loves my son, when Alex walks in the door Chance perks up and runs over to Alex and once Alex has settled Chance will grab a toy and walk around so proud with it in his mouth, its really cute to watch. They are doing great and no accidents at all in the house ... Destiny has a spot she really wants to mark but again sound aversion works really well with her.

Chance still isn't eating all his food each meal but I'm confident that he is getting enough to keep him healthy, I'm sure it's because he still doesn't feel 100% good, hopefully the antibiotics will clear up the snot soon then I'm sure he will start eating better. I am amazed at how well he takes his pills ... most dogs can tell its in there and are good at spitting it out but he just takes them without any problems, I love it!!!

They are taking to command training like fishes out of water LOL they look at me like I hear your sounds but I sure don't get what you want but will gladly take that treat if you would be so kind LOL but I am patient and a little bit a several times a day and they will start to get it! They are super sweet and will make the most loving family dogs! I have EBN Business Cards that will go with them when they are adopted so that hopefully their forever family will join and we can all continue to be a part of their lives!

I plan to do a daily update all week so those that want to know how things are going for Chance and Destiny can get an update :) thank you all for your interest in them!!!!!

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] we totally need to move to the same town and open that Bulldog Psychology Center!!!!

I think think a daily update is a great idea. You are fulfilling a great calling on your life to do this for these babies. It's nice to be able to share the progress.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] - *swooning* @ thought of an EB Dog Psychology Center *giggle* Now THAT would be amazing!

With regard to Destiny and Ally - what occurs before the "outburst"? Is there a trigger that you can identify in either/both dog that "announces" an upcoming situation? Dogs signals to each other are often so hard to spot. As humans, we want to think that these dogs are fearful of each other -- and maybe there is some caution there - but the pack will always want to come back together, regardless. That chunk of a dog's DNA works in your favor for sure, right? Heee heee!

I love hearing these updates. Keep them coming. We are all going to learn so much by what you're going through and taking the time to detail for us. I know that you're inspiring me. Truly.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Wednesday Update: Well I can't believe it is already Wednesday ... The morning started out nice everyone has been fed and they had full bellies and were snoring happily ... after about 30 minutes is was time to go outside and doing after breakfast potty, so Diesel, Molly, Ally & Chance all went out and did their business I brought them in and let Destiny out to do her business ... she was fine around the boys and at that moment Molly too .... its now almost 11:00am so again potty time ... shuffle started Ally safely put away and time for Destiny to go out. So Molly was out first 20 minutes completely fine ... then the most horrible thing Destiny jumped Molly I ran into the yard but Molly had tried to take cover under the deck and Destiny had her cornered, she shook Molly like a rag doll in the space that was available and I was too damn fat to fit under the deck but my baby was in danger so I don't know how I did it but I forced myself under the deck and pulled Destiny off my girl I let Molly escape then dragged Destiny from under the deck ... trying with all my might not to let my anger take over! I am just shaking and crying right now because I was so stupid to let this happen, I'm so angry at myself for being so stupid!!! Molly is ok, she is a tough cookie and the blood all seems to be from Destiny but I let my baby girl into a dangerous situation and I will hate myself for that for a very long time!! Soon as I calm down and can put on my calm assertive energy I will put Molly in the bath tub and let her soak in the warm water, she is acting sore from being tossed around but has no open wounds at all, thank goodness or I would NOT be able to forgive myself it will be hard enough as it is.

I won't give up and will continue to foster Destiny but she will no longer be trusted with any of the dogs!!! I will let the rescue Pets Without Partners know she must be kept in a single dog family ... she seems o.k. with the boys but why set her up for a possible failure. Until tomorrow ... I totally spent!!! :(

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Don't be so hard on yourself. You had no way of knowing. You based your decisions on past experience and there was nothing that would have indicated anything would go wrong. That is not stupidity. Maybe a tiny bit of optimism, - but if it had gone well, it would be more information for future possibilities. I know you feel just awful for what you see as betraying your little Molly but she will be resilient as Bullies are, and dogs forgive so quickly. No one was seriously hurt and these are the ugly bumps that we all encounter when we try to do the right thing. If it were easy everyone would do the right thing all the time but it's not. I love the way you have already contextualized it as "setting her up for possible failure" You really do understand what is going on, but your heart is breaking for what happened. Just know we are all cheering for you like crazy and think you are amazing. So does Molly.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im so sorry! That is just awful but don't feel bad you thought she could be trusted and thank god Molly is ok!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I'm so sorry for my outburst of earlier ... I should have never got on the computer before I had composed myself, so please forgive me! Now that I have calmed down, bathed Molly and checked her over from head to toe ... she is just fine!! A few small puncher wounds and scrapes but over all very lucky and nothing that won't scab over and go away! She is all clean and pretty and sound asleep sitting in the chair with me, just like nothing ever happened. Destiny (aka: Cruella) has a scrape on her face near her eye and a couple spots on her chest but not sure the chest ones are from Molly, could have been from the 2 tussles with Ally but she is just fine also. I now know that she is to go out alone to keep all the other babies and her as well safe from harm.

For those that are reading this that have wanted to foster, please don't let these few bumps in the road change your mind, fostering isn't all gum drops and lollipops but in viewing the big picture, it is so worth it!! after all, you are saving a dog, in my case 2 English Bulldogs from being in a shelter and not getting the proper care they need. I am committed to finding these sweet fur-kids a forever home that will love and cherish them!!!

Update on Chance: Don't hear much on him because he is so easy going and fits into my pack like a fine leather glove! When I went into the bathroom to run a warm bath for Molly to get her all cleaned up, the bloody look was so not working for me LOL I walked out to get her came back in and found Chance waiting patiently for me to bathe him ... silly boy! So what can ya do right ... he got Molly's warm bath first. He must have been an outdoor dog or something because he had this black gravel tar stuff all over his belly area ... I hadn't even seen it before but it's all cleaned off now! so Chance is all clean and handsome(er) now .... he is such a great boy and deserves a home full of love and lots of proper care!!!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Never apologize for this. There is absolutely nothing to forgive. That is what we are all here for! Besides, the emotions that made you go to the computer and express yourself are the same emotions that make you so compassionate and willing to sacrifice for others. :hug:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I've been following this thread since last week and just wanted to say that what you're doing is amazing, and you're handling the issues that come up beautifully. Don't be so hard on yourself. There are always going to be bumps, but you're doing a great job with each one that comes up. :clap2:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=4570]Tooleysmom[/MENTION] and @Blueberrys Mom - thank you for your your encouraging posts just now they mean a lot to me! :hug:

A

Alaskasmom1

A person who is selfless such as you, is also a person who is passionate and has what it takes to foster. I for one know about that emotional roller coaster that you feel, only from trying to raise pups. Different, but same in my case. God Bless you, you are an angel.

SheilaBMathis

Jan 1, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, & Lucille
Oh My Gosh!! what are the Chances of you walking in there and having that happen!? It was Meant to be! How did they react to your other pups? did you get any more info on them? they look soo sad... thank god for you to help the Poor babies...

Most Reactions