2 Foster Bulldogs ...

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thats fantastic! How could someone just drop them off, poor babies. Thank you for taking them.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
omigosh, how did i miss this thread? Bless you, bless you, bless you! You're too amazing.

M

mabel lou

Your newest pictures of Chance & Destiny are beautiful and very clear. They will get adopted out I am sure of it, if your don't keep them lol. Everybody has said how you are an angel to them and really you saved them by having the knowledge of bullies and a heart for bullies and all the many things they go through. They could have been adopted out to someone who knows nothing about them so I am glad it was you at the store that day.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
MONDAY UPDATE: Chance & Destiny are really settling in now ... Destiny is a bit of a dominate female so I have to watch and correct her when she gets in her mood but a simple ATAT and she backs off nicely. Chance really really loves my son, when Alex walks in the door Chance perks up and runs over to Alex and once Alex has settled Chance will grab a toy and walk around so proud with it in his mouth, its really cute to watch. They are doing great and no accidents at all in the house ... Destiny has a spot she really wants to mark but again sound aversion works really well with her.

Chance still isn't eating all his food each meal but I'm confident that he is getting enough to keep him healthy, I'm sure it's because he still doesn't feel 100% good, hopefully the antibiotics will clear up the snot soon then I'm sure he will start eating better. I am amazed at how well he takes his pills ... most dogs can tell its in there and are good at spitting it out but he just takes them without any problems, I love it!!!

They are taking to command training like fishes out of water LOL they look at me like I hear your sounds but I sure don't get what you want but will gladly take that treat if you would be so kind LOL but I am patient and a little bit a several times a day and they will start to get it! They are super sweet and will make the most loving family dogs! I have EBN Business Cards that will go with them when they are adopted so that hopefully their forever family will join and we can all continue to be a part of their lives!

I plan to do a daily update all week so those that want to know how things are going for Chance and Destiny can get an update :) thank you all for your interest in them!!!!!

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] we totally need to move to the same town and open that Bulldog Psychology Center!!!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am so glad they are doing so well! Good thing you got them and can help them train so who ever gets them will just love them to pieces!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Monday Update Part 2: Well things took a turn for the worse :( Destiny attacked my sons lab Ally :( she definitely went in for the kill, straight to Ally's throat, she wouldn't let go and just kept shaking her head thank goodness my son was home and we were able to get them apart without any damage ... a little blood but no need for vet care! So Destiny is in the crate and will go out alone for right now, she keeps staring at Ally and making little odd sounds, I correct her each time and she will lay down and look all sad.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
My Lord that would be the scariest thing ever for me. I have never had Winston be that aggressive, that he actually lunged and bit at anything. He is definitely a lover and not a fighter.

However, about a year and a half ago a stray Pit Bull came into our neighbors yard. They had two pits who were inside, and a little chihuahua that was on a tie out. The three of them started out playing. The chihuahua wasn't afraid of large dogs, seeing as how he lived with two. But the loose pit had other ideas. He attacked the little Chihuahua, Diesel. He died about an hour later from a punctured lung. That was the scariest event of my life, ever. We tried our best to save the little doggie. I very stupidly attacked the pit, trying to get Diesel out of his mouth. Mike put Winston inside the house immediately to keep him safe, then came out to help me. I know I could have been attacked as well, but that just didn't cross my brain at the time. I just reacted.

To this day, I am scared to death of strange pit bulls. Our two neighbors, Max and Nola don't bother me but I still feel a little nervous around them. They are just two big goofy dogs though, who are so friendly.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
just a bump in the road, Destiny is just a very dominate girl and took it too far, I'm working with them.

Orion is that way too! She is very bossy. Vegas got a brand new blanket for Christmas from [MENTION=3502]NigelsMom[/MENTION].....and he was very serious about rearranging it to his liking. Orion got in the way and sat down in the middle of Vegas's creation. Vegas...being the sweetheart he is, just walked away. So many times every day do we have to correct her. Once she starts the stare down...she gets reprimanded. This time...Vegas didn't even want to deal with her. Orion attacks Vegas on a daily basis. Never once has she broke the skin on Vegas....she has hurt herself though.

Good luck with the training...!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
just a bump in the road, Destiny is just a very dominate girl and took it too far, I'm working with them.
Oh boy, I'm sorry that happened too. I'm glad the lab is okay and didn't require medical treatment. You've been working really hard with your two fosters. With your attitude, knowledge and persistence , there WILL be progress in due time. :hug::hug:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Orion is that way too! She is very bossy. Vegas got a brand new blanket for Christmas from @NigelsMom.....and he was very serious about rearranging it to his liking. Orion got in the way and sat down in the middle of Vegas's creation. Vegas...being the sweetheart he is, just walked away. So many times every day do we have to correct her. Once she starts the stare down...she gets reprimanded. This time...Vegas didn't even want to deal with her. Orion attacks Vegas on a daily basis. Never once has she broke the skin on Vegas....she has hurt herself though.

Good luck with the training...!!

Oh wow, my hat is off to you, you are a saint!! I am a lot like a bulldog, I'm very stubborn and I don't give up easily ... so I will work with Destiny because I want her to have a good life with a loving family!!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oh boy, I'm sorry that happened too. I'm glad the lab is okay and didn't require medical treatment. You've been working really hard with your two fosters. With your attitude, knowledge and persistence , there WILL be progress in due time. :hug::hug:

thank you! Ally is just fine, she has that thick double coat and its in full winter thickness so think that helped ... I don't want Destiny to think she is bad, she just made a big mistake but she does need to know I won't put up with any of that bullpoop!! But tomorrow starts a new day and we will just start anew then ... each day brings new hope and new challenges so I plan to go with the flow :)

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
TUESDAY UPDATE ON CHANCE & DESTINY: Yesterdays bump in the road is just a memory and today is a fresh new day ... got the fur-kids up to go out for their morning potty (minus Ally who is still in bed in my sons room) and all is well ... Destiny was just like the girl she was before the incident so she is doing good!! I of course was right there just in case but didn't let that negative energy have a chance I thought of positive results and just smiled as everyone did their morning business! Right now Destiny is sitting on the big round bed (her favorite spot) Chance is sitting in front of her fighting sleep LOL Molly is of course sitting in the chair with me (her favorite spot) and Diesel is next to my chair snoring away :) I have a nice big cup of hot coffee so life in our home is great!! Perfect start for the New Year!!!!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
thank you! Ally is just fine, she has that thick double coat and its in full winter thickness so think that helped ... I don't want Destiny to think she is bad, she just made a big mistake but she does need to know I won't put up with any of that bullpoop!! But tomorrow starts a new day and we will just start anew then ... each day brings new hope and new challenges so I plan to go with the flow :)
You are just amazing! With your resilience and optimism you are the perfect person to train even the most challenging Bullies. You so get it. I hope new Bully owners who face difficult challenges will see this post because it will really help and inspire them to forgive ( and keep loving) their Bullies, understand that no matter how bad it looks most of them mean no real malice, and move on to a new day filled with new training possibilities. At some point it would be so wonderful if you could write your own little "manifesto" on your experiences. It might save someone from giving up on their fur kid. I really enjoy reading your updates

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.