2 Foster Bulldogs ...

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
All I can say is you are such an angel! I am in awe of you! Wow!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
First,your amazing to take in these special babies!
I know you probably thought of this already but did you see if they were chipped and possibly stolen from someone? The family that dropped them off seem fishy to me, who would drop off their pups and not even give a name?
Hope they find a loving forever home soon!

Yes they were both scanned at the shelter and nothing ... they are however chipped now through Pets Without Partners ... from the look of Destiny she was used as a breeder and may have not been producing anymore, who really knows at this point; but she is spayed now! No idea why Chance was dropped off other then he has a URI and maybe they didn't want to deal with it, but he is on antibiotics and I have plenty of snot rags by my side LOL

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
This proves people do still very much care! I needed to read this today. I was at a city near where I live yesterday. There is a man there who hand feeds the seagulls everyday. Apparently someone has at some point used this as an opportunity to shoot one through the throat with an arrow, which is now lodged in the birds throat. I tried to feed him French fries but the others mostly attacked him and took the food from him. If he did get a fry, he choked but was able to swallow it. I put the pics on Facebook and barely got a response do far:-(
View attachment 33551
View attachment 33552View attachment 33553
View attachment 33554
I just can never understand why people can do things so heartless :(

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
UPDATE for Destiny and Chance ... Well they slept through the night like little angels, Chance woke me a couple times with his sneezing but not his fault poor baby doesn't feel good! He takes his pills like a champ! They got up with mine and everyone went outside to go potty, so far mine have been great at being a welcoming crew and of course Chance and Destiny are happy to just follow them around. Destiny has found the dog bed beside my chair and made herself right at home, thank goodness, I have a heck of a time getting her to come out of the crate, she hears my voice and she wants so badly to come to me but she just seems so afraid, she lays down and tries to become invisible but at the same time will reach out to me with her paw, but TREATS oh how wonderful they are, I can normally lure her out with the promise of a treat, once she is out and near me she is such a sweet girl! Chance is happy to just wonder around, I have the back door open so he can go out as he pleases, he has found a spot by the sofa and is sitting there watching me type on the computer.

with as sweet as these two seem I sure don't understand why anyone would want to get rid of them ... I know as they get more comfortable the real personality will show itself more but I 100% believe in Rules, Boundaries and Limitations and with Consistency within the home I can set them up for great success!

100_1041.jpg100_1050.jpg

Oh my gosh had to share ... my neighbors dogs started barking just now and of course all 5 ran outside to see what was going on ... Chance and Destiny made this sounds I think it was suppose to be barks LOL sounded like two really old gravely hoarse woofs ... too cute!

Last edited:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
You are truly a Bully angel to these 2 sweet Bullies. I will never understand how anyone can discard animals like yesterday's trash. I suspect the person(s) - actually they are not deserving of the word- had some kind of disgusting breeding farm and decided the two Bullies were of no further value to them. You are giving them a wonderful new beginning and have the foresight and patience to prepare them for a better life. Bless you, bless you, bless you. You make this world a better place.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
attachment.php
Chance exploring the jungle ooops I mean back yard

attachment.php
Destiny, still unsure but coming around but she looks a little happier today

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
They definitely look SO much happier than when they were locked into those little kennels at the pet store! You are such an angel for giving them your love and happiness until they can find their forever home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This proves people do still very much care! I needed to read this today. I was at a city near where I live yesterday. There is a man there who hand feeds the seagulls everyday. Apparently someone has at some point used this as an opportunity to shoot one through the throat with an arrow, which is now lodged in the birds throat. I tried to feed him French fries but the others mostly attacked him and took the food from him. If he did get a fry, he choked but was able to swallow it. I put the pics on Facebook and barely got a response do far:-(
View attachment 33551
View attachment 33552View attachment 33553
View attachment 33554

I so hate people....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE for Destiny and Chance ... Well they slept through the night like little angels, Chance woke me a couple times with his sneezing but not his fault poor baby doesn't feel good! He takes his pills like a champ! They got up with mine and everyone went outside to go potty, so far mine have been great at being a welcoming crew and of course Chance and Destiny are happy to just follow them around. Destiny has found the dog bed beside my chair and made herself right at home, thank goodness, I have a heck of a time getting her to come out of the crate, she hears my voice and she wants so badly to come to me but she just seems so afraid, she lays down and tries to become invisible but at the same time will reach out to me with her paw, but TREATS oh how wonderful they are, I can normally lure her out with the promise of a treat, once she is out and near me she is such a sweet girl! Chance is happy to just wonder around, I have the back door open so he can go out as he pleases, he has found a spot by the sofa and is sitting there watching me type on the computer.

with as sweet as these two seem I sure don't understand why anyone would want to get rid of them ... I know as they get more comfortable the real personality will show itself more but I 100% believe in Rules, Boundaries and Limitations and with Consistency within the home I can set them up for great success!

View attachment 33557View attachment 33558

Oh my gosh had to share ... my neighbors dogs started barking just now and of course all 5 ran outside to see what was going on ... Chance and Destiny made this sounds I think it was suppose to be barks LOL sounded like two really old gravely hoarse woofs ... too cute!

What timing for you to be at the store.... meant to be for you to care for these babies

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
What timing for you to be at the store.... meant to be for you to care for these babies

I'm glad I was able to take them home I have high hopes for them ... Diesel & Chance are so much alike it seriously amazes me!! Diesel has always "parked" next to me or where ever it is he chooses to sit and by "parked" I mean he will walk up in front of me and back up until his butt touches my legs or the sofa then he will sit down ... Chance does that same thing it cracks me up! Also Diesel has always always always fought sleep .. he will nod off sitting up and you can see his head dipping down and he will end up just falling over then with such surprise he sits back up and looks around to see if anyone was watching its super cute ... well again Chance does that too!! Its funny to sit and watch and try to figure out who will give in first or who is going to fall over first ... very entertaining for me LOL

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think they are so cute! I am so glad you have them! They are being spoiled and they deserve it!

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
You were so meant to have these bullies in your home, at least for now. I love their new names and hope and pray that if they cannot stay with you they get placed together with a family that will love the heck out of them.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
oooh I like Chance and Destiny a lot!! I think you just renamed them :) and the names fit and have meaning :hug:

How are the pups doing? I love happy rescue stories! Anytime I meet someone who says, "OMG I've ALWAYS WANTED A BULLDOG" I tell them about the many WONDERFUL dogs available in rescue. I'm limited in my complex here but lemme tell you, if I had limited room and unlimited finances, it would look like the EB Dog Psychology Center here! LOL

Interested in knowing how they're doing!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.