Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What about renaming them something like Chance (second chance) and Destiny? Or Lady Luck? Hazard of the Dice? Dice and Lady Luck?

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Thank you so much. I'm sure your two foster doggies thank you from the bottom of their hearts as well, even if they don't quite know it yet. I hate seeing these beautiful animals dumped and abused because people can't take a little time to understand them and learn about them.

I know what you mean!! I find it so hard to understand since bulldogs are so important to me and I love them so very much I just don't get it how someone could just dump them like yesterdays trash!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
What about renaming them something like Chance (second chance) and Destiny? Or Lady Luck? Hazard of the Dice? Dice and Lady Luck?

oooh I like Chance and Destiny a lot!! I think you just renamed them :) and the names fit and have meaning :hug:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I really hope fostering works out for you. Maybe the M.B.S will kick in and you will at 2 more to your permanent clan?

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I really hope fostering works out for you. Maybe the M.B.S will kick in and you will at 2 more to your permanent clan?

if I owned my own home I would in a heartbeat but I'm going to have to move very soon and finding a rental that will allow 3 dogs is rough to say the least but I will do everything I can to find them excellent homes that will treat them how they deserve to be treated.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bless you for taking them and showing them some love they deserve. The female in the pic looks very sad and scared, but I'm sure with your love she will be happy soon. Good luck with the training and keep us posted.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
As a property manager, we rarely rent to more than two, but if we had an owner willing to rent to 3, 5 would be just as easy. :). Just saying. The over 2 is the struggle.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Bless you for taking them and showing them some love they deserve. The female in the pic looks very sad and scared, but I'm sure with your love she will be happy soon. Good luck with the training and keep us posted.

they are both so confused and scared right now ... the people the dropped them off didn't even give the shelter their names or any other information on them so now they are with strangers and get called names they don't know ... but I'm giving them a name that I think will be good for them, thanks to [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and will teach them to respond to the name through treats ... each time I say the name and they look at me I will give a yummy treat oh how I love positive reinforcement :)

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
As a property manager, we rarely rent to more than two, but if we had an owner willing to rent to 3, 5 would be just as easy. :). Just saying. The over 2 is the struggle.

that's true, I have to find out if the place I found the other day is still available its an older duplex with a fenced yard and they were fine with 3 ... who knows what will happen, maybe Chance and Destiny were meant to be with me!

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Also, if possible get your current landlord to write a glowing reference regarding the pets and the condition of the house. When I have potential renters that produce that when I meet with them it goes a long way with me and the owners.

Another big one, invite them to visit your current home and meet your dogs. Those that say, well "no, you have pets". Ask them to do a home visit. I require pet visits with all my tenants prior to leasing as it is really the only way to really judge the pet and tenant.

It never hurts to be pushy, trust me.

Also, for those that ever want to rent. ALWAYS ask if rent is negotiable. Most of the time it is.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You are a special lady! and I too thank you for taking those two dears into your home and heart today. This story gets me a little teary eyed, but i'm an emotional person to begin with so that's not new.

:heartsign:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh wow, so glad that you were able to take them in. How sad for them to just be dropped off. It's one thing if you really have to do that but to do that and not give any information on them, let alone their names, is low. No excuse for that in my eyes. So glad you came by when you did. I hope they're able to all intergrate in until they can find their forever homes.

You're an :angelheart:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
You are such a wonderful person for taking these babies in and giving them the love they deserve! I wish more people had a heart as big as yours.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So glad you got them! Who knows what would have happened! Now they can be loved tell they find her fur ever home!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Also, if possible get your current landlord to write a glowing reference regarding the pets and the condition of the house. When I have potential renters that produce that when I meet with them it goes a long way with me and the owners.

Another big one, invite them to visit your current home and meet your dogs. Those that say, well "no, you have pets". Ask them to do a home visit. I require pet visits with all my tenants prior to leasing as it is really the only way to really judge the pet and tenant.

It never hurts to be pushy, trust me.

Also, for those that ever want to rent. ALWAYS ask if rent is negotiable. Most of the time it is.

My current landlady is going to write me a letter of reference ... when I called her today and said I wanted to foster the 2 bulldogs she said yes of course I know how you keep care of your dogs so it's definitely ok

and thank you for the information I will make sure I go in with the letter and offer the home visit, but they have already ok'd my dogs sight unseen after about a half hour on the phone with me :) I guess I schmoooze really well LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.