Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2 Foster Bulldogs ...

mabel lou

Default Re: 2 Foster Bulldogs ...

While reading all the comments about Chance coming back home ect, I thought you ended up adopting him. So is he just at your home for the week until adoption day again? Or are you actually adopting him now? You sound perfect for him lol and he sounds as though he fits well into your family. I wish you and him the best for whatever the outcome may be. Keep us posted as this has been a very interesting journey of the 2 bullies.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Phew .. so where was Chance last night if not with you???? I would maybe apply to foster for your local bully rescue. This orgnaisation, although I'm sure means well and does wonderful work, doesn't seem very well organised. I would have been out of my mind with worry if I had been in the same situation!!!
    Chance was home with Laura the lady that runs the rescue, she wasn't told that I requested a phone call if I needed to pick him up at the end of the adoption fair. She has a soft spot for English Bulldogs and admitted that if no one adopts him he may just end up as one of her personal pack members, if I don't keep him that is LOL so like all of you she can already read me like a book!! Chance showed a side of himself that I hadn't seen, last night when Laura's husband tried to take him out of the truck he growled and snapped at him ... I know it was because he was probably stressed and probably a little scared ... so when I went to pick him up he was happy to see me which made me happy we went to the truck he was more then happy to try to get himself in, but a little assistance was needed ... but when we got home I opened the front door of the truck and he got scared and growled at me then jumped into the back seat trying to hide from me so I opened the back door of the truck (I have a Dodge Quad Cap Pick up) I took a deep breath and just lead him to the edge of the seat and he allowed me to help him out ... think he may have been overpowered with negative energy in his past home so take him a minute to adjust and realize no one will hurt him anymore ... but he has a good memory of getting out of the truck now so that will be his last memory for the next time he has found the bed he loved so much and cuddled up for nap time so all is falling back into place! although this week is going to be a little crazy for the poor guy, he goes to the vet tomorrow afternoon and will stay the night there, get neutered on Tuesday and I will be able to pick him up on Wednesday morning then back to the adoption fair on Saturday ... but from now on when the adoption fair ends he will for sure come home with me, I am now his official long term foster parent plus I will get to meet anyone who wants to adopt him before he goes to their home!
    Last edited by bulldogs4me; 01-06-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Leesa, that's great news about Destiny--hoping things will work out wonderfully for that little gir. As for Chance, is he home with you yet? You sound so happy to be getting that little guy back and understandably so! Keep us updated on how he's doing and what happens with Destiny, please
    after talking with Laura today and knowing that Destiny jumped Chance yesterday, he is fine just a few scrapes on his head but nothing to awful bad ... Destiny is going to only be placed in a home with no other animals, she is just perfect with people but she is definitely dog aggressive and they will work very hard to get her the perfect family, at this time she is with Laura and will be kept there until the right family is found.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    SUNDAY UPDATE: Finally have some updated information I will be going today at 11:30 to pick up Chance and bring him back home to stay with us ... Destiny is on a home trial with a family that is very interested in her becoming their new family member so she won't be coming back but I really hope this family works out and she has found her forever home!!!! But I am thrilled to say Chance will be back and sleeping happily in his favorite bed this afternoon

side note: Destiny (aka Cruella) did her famous "kick yo butt" to Chance yesterday so I'm glad I had warned them of her behavior, they had left a leash on her so they could correct her if need be ... but this new family has no other pets and can only have 1 pet in their leased home so will be perfect for her!! and Chance well just can't wait to get Chance back here with us!!!!

What wonderful news..... so hope this works out for her!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

So the family that had her returned her to Laura? That is so sad. It's sad that she went to them without the home/lifestyle being checked first. I honestly believe that Aldo would be alive today if the people involved would have used their heads before placing him. If you have a dog aggressive dog....the right home is NOT one with 2 other dogs. That was just setting him up to fail, which he did.

I really hope Destiny finds a place where she belongs. There is a place out there that is perfect for her. And for Chance. (although it sounds as if Chance already has the perfect home, foster or not)

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad he's back with you and that you'll also have input in the choice of his forever home!!!

Poor Destiny... I'm guessing her trial at the other potential adopters home didn't go too well?

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Just sorta catching up here. How wonderful that you'll be Chance's long term foster momma. I hope that Destiny finds the right home. Cheryl's right too, it very important that she be placed in the right home. Looking forward to updates.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I gave wrong information earlier ... I thought for some reason that Destiny had gone to a home trial but what had actually happened is she went to Laura who has this really great set up for the foster dogs she has, I was there to see it with my own eyes today when I picked up Chance ... I loved seeing that they had multiple big dog beds around their living room where they let the dogs hang out. The kennels that the fosters sleep in are better then what I have for my babies ... they have big kennels with a bed inside a heated dog house ... nice & clean if I didn't see dogs and hear dogs I wouldn't even know they had any in their home, no dog smells at all I was really impressed. Laura is keeping Destiny in her home until a forever home can be found, after Destiny attacked Chance she wasn't wanting Destiny in any home but her own where she can keep her save and well cared for until the perfect home is found. Sorry I spread wrong information but I got excited when I heard home and Destiny went to and the rest I guess just passed through my ears and I didn't exactly listen very well but Destiny is safe and in a warm place with food water and will be given love and attention, she will just not be allowed around other dogs. But I can still get updates for everyone once a week on her

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    So the family that had her returned her to Laura? That is so sad. It's sad that she went to them without the home/lifestyle being checked first. I honestly believe that Aldo would be alive today if the people involved would have used their heads before placing him. If you have a dog aggressive dog....the right home is NOT one with 2 other dogs. That was just setting him up to fail, which he did.

I really hope Destiny finds a place where she belongs. There is a place out there that is perfect for her. And for Chance. (although it sounds as if Chance already has the perfect home, foster or not)
    My dedication to keeping the peace in my home and not giving up on Destiny was for Aldo I didn't know him but it broke my heart when I read what had happened and how hurt you were so there was no way I was going to give up on Destiny or let anything bad happen to her in honor of you and Aldo!!! And she is still being given that same chance with Laura who will work non-stop to find the perfect home for her ... Laura really loves bulldogs so she won't give up

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

@bulldogs4me-Im glad Destiny is in a good foster home! I really think Chance is happy with you!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I am happy to hear these updates. Glad Chance is back with you too @bulldogs4me. Selfishly so.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Remove Ads