Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Well today I went to town, I needed to stop by the pet store and buy some new nail clippers & some doggie toothpaste so to the back of the store I go, I read as I go in they are having pet adoptions and a flash of bulldogs goes through my mind but don't know why ... I stop because a lady asked me a question (and I didn't even have my babies LOL) she saw I picked out a wine glass with a bulldog on it and said you won't believe this but there are 2 bulldogs in the adoption today ... I almost fainted!! So off I go to get my clippers and toothpaste the whole time thinking the lady had to have been mistaken but nope she was right there in the far corner of the adoptions stood 2 bulldogs ... I pet them and asked about them, they had just been dropped off by their owner ... kinda sketchy because no names nothing about them etc. I could not let them stay in a shelter, they haven't been cared for the right way so I needed to do something so I asked if they were not adopted if I could help out by fostering them ... I know right!?! So tonight I have 4 bulldogs in my house and 1 Chocolate Lab ... Poor babies needed me how could I refuse?

100_1019.jpg 100_1020.jpgFemale, they named her Audrey 100_1021.jpgMale, they named him Sherman

I've got them in kennels right now until I see how they all get along, letting everyone get use to having the others around etc etc then they will be introduced to family life, I will make sure they are potty trained etc so they have an increased chance of being adopted. Right now everyone is sleeping and think they will be able to join in the family life soon :)

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
thank you, they deserve a good home with a loving family ... think up til now they only had a backyard breeder who could care less by the condition they are in. But I will help get them trained and looking good so they can find a good family!

M

mabel lou

How very sweet of you, I totally understand what that is all about oh to well. They are with you so they have a great start already. I hope things work out for you with the new members and your own dogs so that everyone gets along. Your a good person for doing that for them. Somebody will be real lucky to get them one day all because you done what most people won't do and that is take in dogs not knowing anything about them. God bless

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:angelheart:Aww who could just drop off two beautiful bully pups like that? I wonder if they even belonged to the person. God bless you for taking those babies home. You were in the right place at the right time. You are an awesome person, to do this. It's a big undertaking to look after 4 bullies. What lucky puppies that you found them, you are their Bulldog Mommy Guardian Angel. Hope they are okay health wise, and that you find them an awesome forever home where they will be loved and cherished as they should be. Keep us posted. Do they have names? Or are you naming them? Are they male or female?

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Made mistake #1 ... I gave them open access inside a playpen attached to the crates I have them in and gave them each a toy to play with .... apparently the male isn't good at sharing! He is doing a low pitch protective growl right now so I put him back in his crate he can keep his toy in there if he settles down otherwise I will take the toys away so they get along again LOL he didn't growl at me when I picked the toy up from in front of his mouth so that's one positive step forward!! He kinda let out a fear growl when I went to get him out of the truck when we got home too but when I told him to shush he did ... little work to be done but I can handle it!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:angelheart:Aww who could just drop off two beautiful bully pups like that? I wonder if they even belonged to the person. God bless you for taking those babies home. You were in the right place at the right time. You are an awesome person, to do this. It's a big undertaking to look after 4 bullies. What lucky puppies that you found them, you are their Bulldog Mommy Guardian Angel. Hope they are okay health wise, and that you find them an awesome forever home where they will be loved and cherished as they should be. Keep us posted. Do they have names? Or are you naming them? Are they male or female?

The one with white and brindle spots is a female, Paws Without Partners named her Audrey (like Audrey Hepburn) but it doesn't fit her so I'm thinking of a name for her and the white one with a few brindle spots on his ears is male and they named him Sherman (as in Sherman Tank) ... the people that dropped them off didn't give names or any info on them just said they couldn't keep them and left them at the shelter :(

They went to the vet for a check up and all is well the female was spayed a few days ago and has an all clear the male has a runny nose and is on antibiotics for that but is basically in good health and will be neutered next week.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
BE still my heart. I would of done the exact same thing. GOOD JOB :muah2:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
BE still my heart. I would of done the exact same thing. GOOD JOB :muah2:

Thank you! I just couldn't leave them there and be able to sleep tonight ... they are in need of some TLC for sure!!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
wow ~! ~ ~ ! ! ! *thank you* !

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you! I just couldn't leave them there and be able to sleep tonight ... they are in need of some TLC for sure!!

definitely, relax and confidence will go far. shhhhh quietly it won't be long they'll have your trust. shhhh don't tell them I told you LOL

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
definitely, relax and confidence will go far. shhhhh quietly it won't be long they'll have your trust. shhhh don't tell them I told you LOL

they are both gentle and pretty low key ... don't think either of them have ever walked on a leash, wowza I walked them out of the store today and I think my arms are at least 3" longer now, going to start working with them tomorrow with leash manners. I want to teach them the very basics, sit, laydown, come, potty training and to walk properly on a leash by the time they are adopted so it will be easy on the person that gets them! I'm not a certified trainer yet ... but I will practice on them :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I hope your compassion and caring bring you rewards triple fold. :angelheart:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Thank you so much. I'm sure your two foster doggies thank you from the bottom of their hearts as well, even if they don't quite know it yet. I hate seeing these beautiful animals dumped and abused because people can't take a little time to understand them and learn about them.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I hope your compassion and caring bring you rewards triple fold. :angelheart:

the best reward I could get is they both get loving forever homes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online