Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2 Foster Bulldogs ...

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@bulldogs4me it's amazing what your doing for Destiny and Chance, I really admire your determination (these 2 bullies were put in your path for a reason)...

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 2 Foster Bulldogs ...

Good luck to Destiny and Chance today! And good luck to you also! Waiting semi-patiently to hear how things turn out.

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Wishing you, Destiny and Chance a wonderful day full of possibilities. What you have done is amazing. Every word you write about them is so full of love and hopefulness for these 2 beautiful Bullies. You have prepared them so well to be welcomed into forever homes. And the invaluable information you are able to pass on about the unique nature of each Bully is the result of all the patience and caring you brought to this challenge. It will be a truly bittersweet day for you if Chance and Destiny find their new homes today. You are one very special person.

“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It's the dreaded Saturday I can not believe how difficult it was to drop them off and walk away ... but to make things even worse, they started pushing the playpen across the floor trying to follow me completely breaking my heart!!! I let Pets Without Partners know what type home I felt would be best for Destiny, the gal that my son works with it trying to get all her work done so she can head over and PWP knows her name and that she is interested in Destiny. They will call me this afternoon, if for some reason neither of them are adopted and I will pick them up and bring them back home for another week of fostering and training ... just have to wait and see what happens.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Leesa, even if they do get adopted today will you have some time left to spend with them at all or do they go to their new homes right away?

Fostering them has been such a blessing for Destiny and Chance and for those of us who got to hear about their time spent with you.

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Leesa, even if they do get adopted today will you have some time left to spend with them at all or do they go to their new homes right away?

Fostering them has been such a blessing for Destiny and Chance and for those of us who got to hear about their time spent with you.
    If someone adopts them they go home with them right away, and then they have a home visit to make sure they are fitting in etc. I really want them to find forever homes so they have a forever family ... but I really will miss them, they are such sweet babies!!! I left EBN Business Cards to go with them so that hopefully the new parents will join so we can all continue to see them and hear how they are.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

This has got to be so hard on you. Hugs.

“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Saalwi View Post
    @bulldogs4me it's amazing what your doing for Destiny and Chance, I really admire your determination (these 2 bullies were put in your path for a reason)...
    Where the heck have you been @Saalwi? GREAT to see you by the way. Now, you owe us all an explanation! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    It's the dreaded Saturday I can not believe how difficult it was to drop them off and walk away ... but to make things even worse, they started pushing the playpen across the floor trying to follow me completely breaking my heart!!! I let Pets Without Partners know what type home I felt would be best for Destiny, the gal that my son works with it trying to get all her work done so she can head over and PWP knows her name and that she is interested in Destiny. They will call me this afternoon, if for some reason neither of them are adopted and I will pick them up and bring them back home for another week of fostering and training ... just have to wait and see what happens.
    Here's the part that I couldn't bear; the letting go part. I'd be the queen of Foster Failures...I know it. I can watch commercial after commercial about starving children and homeless blah de blah but one commercial for the ASPCA and I'm sitting in a puddle. Destiny and Chance were so lucky to have you....and I am dying to know if they found the best homes for them today. My heart is in my throat @bulldogs4me. One part of me wants their adoption --- a FOREVER adoption - and the other part wants them back home with you. (it's selfish. I just want to know they're happy)

Someone else said "These dogs were put in your path for a reason..." (Thanks @Saalwi *wink*). Absofreekingloootly true. And I admire your desire to keep fostering like that. Anyone who fosters --- and there are MANY of you here -- god love ya. You are doing what I cannot; so I just throw money at it and HOPE it will get better. *sniff*

Don't forget to update us!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

WOW .. that is so tough on you!!! We do things a little different. The potential adopter fills in an application first and we do a vet check, then we hand the application to the foster pawrent so they can do a telephone interview and also the home check if they are in the same area. The foster mum has the ultimate say as to whether the bully goes to that new home or not.

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Saturday Update: I'm feeling a little lost, no phone call, I made it very very clear that if no one adopted them I would pick them up and bring them back into my home until the next adoption fair next Saturday .... well I waited on pins and needles all day then 3:30 came and went I called to find out if I should come pick them up ... no answer and no return phone call, so I check the website they say if your reading this then this pet is available for adoption ... Chance & Destiny are STILL listed as available .... what the heck!!! I knew I should have just drove back in around 3pm to pick them up or just to see for myself that they were gone ... but I tried to be patient and now I'm left sitting here wondering what is going on ... where are they and why wasn't I called to come get them!!! I'm frustrated to say the least!!

@kazzy220 - I want to foster for you, you have this foster/adoption thing going on the right way!!! because the way things are going right now just really suck

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Saturday Update: I'm feeling a little lost, no phone call, I made it very very clear that if no one adopted them I would pick them up and bring them back into my home until the next adoption fair next Saturday .... well I waited on pins and needles all day then 3:30 came and went I called to find out if I should come pick them up ... no answer and no return phone call, so I check the website they say if your reading this then this pet is available for adoption ... Chance & Destiny are STILL listed as available .... what the heck!!! I knew I should have just drove back in around 3pm to pick them up or just to see for myself that they were gone ... but I tried to be patient and now I'm left sitting here wondering what is going on ... where are they and why wasn't I called to come get them!!! I'm frustrated to say the least!!

@kazzy220 - I want to foster for you, you have this foster/adoption thing going on the right way!!! because the way things are going right now just really suck
    Wow I'm shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Wow I'm shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too! I thought they would want them in a home environment where they are loved and treated like a family member, I just don't understand!! They are closed on Sunday & Monday so I won't even be able to find out anything until Tuesday ... but come Tuesday I will be burning up the phone line to find out where and how Chance & Destiny are and if I need to come pick them up!!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Remove Ads