Bulldogs and Guinea Pigs

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Was wondering if anyone has any bullies that live in harmony with a pet piggy? We recently got my daughter one and I was wondering if they get along.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Mine would think it was toy and play with it, or maybe eat it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I remember seeing pictures of a bully and piggy, but not sure if it was a member here or on Facebook

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm not sure actually. They can be so gentle with puppies. But so very intent on destroying toys. I suppose it would depend on how the bully perceived the gp. And the personality of your bully.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am thinking, (that's scary) that someone on this site has a pig and a bully and it all works out good. Can't think who, but I know I have seen pictures of them.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Well, it was soooo sweet! Mac brought a toy and tried to give it to the piggy (Snugz). Then he just laid down and stared at him in my daughters lap. Sorry no pictures since as I started walking to the kitchen, he got up and followed me.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Always a source of surprise, these bulldogs. I am glad their first meeting went so very well. However, I would make sure the two didn't have any interaction without close supervision. (Sure this goes without my saying, but still.) We have a lot of cats, both inside and out. Winston is very good with them, but his usual response is snuffling at them, licking them, and then he tries to lift that front paw over them and stand over them. I suppose he's trying to claim them as his, but the cats really don't like it very much and have learned to RUNAWAY! at the first sign of pawlift. I have no doubt that Winston's next move, if allowed, would be chewing.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Always a source of surprise, these bulldogs. I am glad their first meeting went so very well. However, I would make sure the two didn't have any interaction without close supervision. (Sure this goes without my saying, but still.) We have a lot of cats, both inside and out. Winston is very good with them, but his usual response is snuffling at them, licking them, and then he tries to lift that front paw over them and stand over them. I suppose he's trying to claim them as his, but the cats really don't like it very much and have learned to RUNAWAY! at the first sign of pawlift. I have no doubt that Winston's next move, if allowed, would be chewing.

Most definitely Tracy! Cleo is the snuffer, and then she puts her butt up in the air trying to get him to play with her. They don't try to get in the cage or anything, Mac just smells it and leaves it alone. It was really sweet though when he tried to give him the toy.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie

Bulldogs and cats - My cats stay away from the dogs fro the most part. When Zelda was a pup she would chase the cats. Sometimes she'd catch them. When she did she would just sit on them and lick them. Needless to say, the two cats she did that to are not intimidated by the dogs at all. HO HUM

As to Bullys and other small animal - it would depend very much on the bully If said bully has a strong PREY drive, forget it, the piggy is dinner. If it has a strong Play drive (like Zelda) the piggy might get hurt unintentionally. If neither is one of those drive are operative It might be safe unless the dog decides the pig is a pup and tries to carry it around in his mouth.

Bully907

Nov 8, 2012
Fort Bragg, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
We actually have one but they are never alone together and the GP is always in his cage. But Charlie barks at him and it seems the GP looks for it because he will kick up his bedding and climb the cage so she can lick him

Most Reactions