Bulldog Health Insurance

robertbrewer

Dec 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bauer
Hey guys,

I am curious...since we knew we were going to be getting Bauer, I have done some looking around on the net and have seen websites with bully insurance. Is one better than others? What would be a good deductible for one? This is our only dog, so he won't be around other dogs at all...very limited outside exposure. I do know this breeds comes with inherent risks.

In advance, thanks!

R

P.S. I'll leave ya'll with another pic!

Attachments

• Bauer trying to bring down the tree.jpg
    Bauer trying to bring down the tree.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 226

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I don't know anything about pet insurance but I've got to give you a WARNING. Bauer is a bulldog. You will soon learn YOU CAN"T HAVE JUST ONE! This is a known addiction often leading to the acquisition of multiple siblings for the original adoptee. I started with one. I currently have 4. Others will confirm my warning. Be Prepared.

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
I have tried AKC, and VPI. Both came with huge disappointments. I finally contacted my vet and asked what they recommend with first hand knowledge. I will be switching to Trupanion, you can choose your deductible, and add hip displayshia (sp) Just make sure you choose Bulldog. I'm sure others will be along soon to help out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
We were just talking about it on another thread. Gunny is 7 months old, pretty healthy guy, but a puppy, so crap happens, but we have more than paid for insurance so far. Like I said on the other tread, I don't know how long I will continue insurance on him as he grows up, but I felt these first year at least was imperative.

Oh and we have Trupanion. We are very happy.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I live in Canada, and my vet recommended Pet Secure, I put them on the puppy wellness program for the 1st year, and have been very happy with it. They covered all the baby needles, stool samples, heartworm test, 6 months of Revolution medication, unlimited accidents, including motor vehicle, unlimited illness, spay and neuter surgeies, as well as cherry eye surgery for both of my females eyes, as well as dental. Easy to claim, and the money is directly deposited in my account. There is a $200 deductible per year, and they cover 80%. I claimed over $1300 for my male Dozer in the first 7 months alone so it was worth it. I don't know if you have this company in the States, but I've also heard Trupanion is good, but not familiar with it.

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
I've had VPI for 14 years with my first bully. I'm thinking of looking into trupanion because of recommendations here.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Embrace is what I have Luca under. Cost about $650 a year with a $500 annual deductible but they give you so many options to customize your policy. You can add or subtract optional coverage and even pick your own deductible. (Lower deductible = higher annual premium) For that number Luca is covered up to $10,000 a year for illness, injury and scripts. We chose embrace because they don't give bully owners a hard time about the hereditary problems bullys have. Which ever company you go with, get it soon. They all refuse tp pay for pre existing conditions and have grace periods before the policy gos into effect.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have heard good things about trupanion though ive not tried it. i will be soon looking into some for sarah as we have her at the vets kinda frequently and well she is a bully.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I have Pet Plan insurance for Aubie. We haven't had to use it yet, but it covers chronic conditions (such as hip dysplasia, arthritis, and diabetes) for life as long as they were not pre-existing and do not go over the annual limit you select, either $8,000, $12,000, or $20,000. We pay $48 a month for an $8,000 annual limit with a $200 deductible and 100% reimbursement per illness after that deductible. So for example, if the cost of her current mange treatment goes higher than our $200 deductible (will be at her next scraping in 4 weeks), we will only have to pay that $200 deductible once (we're only $10 away after two visits for this) and we will get reimbursed for the rest of her treatment even if it takes a few more visits to get her healthy.

Hope that helps some. I just looked into a lot of insurances and made the decision based on what other people said and what the company offered.

OP
robertbrewer

robertbrewer

Dec 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bauer
Awesome info! Thanks. I think we will for sure get insurance...I just want to check out all of them before deciding. I'm also going to ask my vet if she has a preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
robertbrewer

robertbrewer

Dec 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bauer
I don't know anything about pet insurance but I've got to give you a WARNING. Bauer is a bulldog. You will soon learn YOU CAN"T HAVE JUST ONE! This is a known addiction often leading to the acquisition of multiple siblings for the original adoptee. I started with one. I currently have 4. Others will confirm my warning. Be Prepared.

I can see why, but I think one is going to be more than enough...ha! He is into everything!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356815167.451638.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356815167.451638.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 51

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Awesome info! Thanks. I think we will for sure get insurance...I just want to check out all of them before deciding. I'm also going to ask my vet if she has a preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, part of the reason I went with Trupanion was vets recommendation - and being that they work with Trupanion constantly it has made using the insurance a breeze.

OP
robertbrewer

robertbrewer

Dec 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bauer
Yes, part of the reason I went with Trupanion was vets recommendation - and being that they work with Trupanion constantly it has made using the insurance a breeze.

Making the insurance easy to use is a MAJOR priority. Thanks,

Robert

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.