Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This was posted on EBN a long long time ago. But it never hurts to share it again so people can truly get a glimpse of what puppy mill breeding is about.

This particular video shows about dog auctions. Can you believe that the Amish are the biggest puppy mill breeders out there? I will never support them nor buy Amish products. I never knew that until I saw this video. I was shocked.

Watch the video, you will be appalled at what you see. It is not very graphic, but it will break your heart just the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEt1rkq0Gw4

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
"they got their whole lives in front of them to work for you"

It's so sad and disgusting to see that. I've known about the amish and their puppy mills. I wish more mills were exposed.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Just makes you sick.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Unfortunately, the Amish are the ones you recognize, but there are alot more 'English' (what the Amish call all non Amish) in that video. I do not support Puppy Mills, however, I wont condemn a group of individuals, just because of what some in that group do. Heck if we did that, than we couldn't ever shop or do business with African Americans - because of Michael Vick. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind of who they want to do business with or why/why not, but just point out that not everyone in a particular group are guilty by association.

A

Alaskasmom1

OH MY GOODNESS! I buy my raw meat from the same Amish community that we get our beef from. One of the men asked to see our dogs one day and was asking if we will ever breed them! I'm going by tomorrow to pick up an order for my bully's looks like I've got something to say to them...I may get a recording if the opportunity arises...
this video is so sickening to me. So sad.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That is so sad. Poor puppies. Is this not illegal? And if it is why doesn't the government shut them down?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Unfortunately, the Amish are the ones you recognize, but there are alot more 'English' (what the Amish call all non Amish) in that video. I do not support Puppy Mills, however, I wont condemn a group of individuals, just because of what some in that group do. Heck if we did that, than we couldn't ever shop or do business with African Americans - because of Michael Vick. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind of who they want to do business with or why/why not, but just point out that not everyone in a particular group are guilty by association.

I understand your point of view, although I have learned that they run most of the biggest mills in our country. I just wish it could be stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
theres a amish community near my mom they have a ton of dogs in a barn caged that they breed. a lot of people think of the amish of being good people but they are not against abusing their animals. we witnessed them beating a horse so badly that it went down it was horrible. to them animals are equipment. if that "equipment" does not perform correctly or how they want it to they beat it to a pulp, if it then does not perform correctly the next time they kill it. The authorities cant touch them and theres nothing anyone can do. :(. my mom goes to there store cause she can get her groceries cheap there but my step dad and I wont step a foot in there. we know too much on how their community is ran and dont approve. did you know they actually get food stamps and assistance yet they dont pay taxes?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh this is horrible. to think i was going to visit an amish community when i went on vacations years ago. i really never new the things they did there. :nope:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.