What is good for heavy chewers and who was it that was talking about the doggie boxes?

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank has gotten bored with the ham bones and other bones like it. Ive tried all the bones in the bins so far and he just ignores them. i think its cause he is just tired of them since thats all he had to chew on his 2 years of life. I tried a xl nylabone and it was gone within 30 minutes. we havent tried antlers yet cause the ones our local pet store sells just looks too small and we rarely go to petco cause of the distance. we need something that will last more than 30 minutes a lot longer would be awesome though lol. Any suggestions on some good chews or toys? we are celebrating our christmas the 2nd so hoping to get some ideas for my petco trip monday.

also a while back on a thread someone mentioned how their bully gets packages monthly from a company and how its just a different variety every month what company was that???

btw tank does have a grain and chicken allergy

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Have you tried KONG hard rubber toys? they have a knuckle bone one that my bullies like.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Try looking online for the antlers. I'd start with Petflo.

I looked at the Bark Boxes. If you need really sturdy stuff (I do you'll have to wait a bit. They are supposed to becoming out with one for super chewers in the spring. I'm not sure what they are distributing now would be sturdy enough for my crew not to demolish immediately. It's at barkbox.com. I bookmarked it for future reference but haven't tried them yet.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Yup Brutus and our pitbull Chanel cannot destroy the XL Kong Bone! Its the red or black one! THey have had them for a while and are very agreesive chewers.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Try looking online for the antlers. I'd start with Petflo.

I looked at the Bark Boxes. If you need really sturdy stuff (I do you'll have to wait a bit. They are supposed to becoming out with one for super chewers in the spring. I'm not sure what they are distributing now would be sturdy enough for my crew not to demolish immediately. It's at barkbox.com. I bookmarked it for future reference but haven't tried them yet.

Thanks! I couldn't remember the name of them but wanted to try it. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston loves loves loves elk antlers, I buy the largest ones I can find - they sell them at Pet Valu usually. It keeps him busy for a quite a while because he has to work to get the yummy marrow. I totally love them and they don't splinter or leave a mess.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Winston loves loves loves elk antlers, I buy the largest ones I can find - they sell them at Pet Valu usually. It keeps him busy for a quite a while because he has to work to get the yummy marrow. I totally love them and they don't splinter or leave a mess.

Do you have to order the elk antlers or does the bigger pet stores sell them?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I've always had to stick with the nylabones ... the big ones with the orange in the middle, and the white/cream ends seem to be the best. Then the big kongs last a long time too. Other than that Antlers.

WE do have a 12" jolly egg but they all want to play with it and it usually ends up in a fight so I think we need to invest in a couple more of those before I can get those out again.

Everything else gets destroyed. :blink:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah is a BIG chewer and she swears by Kong knuckle bones, Kong chew toys and xtra large elk antlers. Any thing else she finishes in about a New York minute. Good luck finding them. They are pretty common and available at any of the larger pet stores.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Miss Tallulah is a BIG chewer and she swears by Kong knuckle bones, Kong chew toys and xtra large elk antlers. Any thing else she finishes in about a New York minute. Good luck finding them. They are pretty common and available at any of the larger pet stores.

I'm going to petco Monday so I'm making a list of all the suggestions

What is the difference between elk and deer antlers

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.