hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Has anyone used them before?

I told you all before how worried I was to go out of the country because of my little Matilda! She's 6 mo old now, and because she's a service doggie (in training still), I can legally bring her everywhere... but... I was going somewhere VERY hot, and so I'd either be sitting in the hotel all day with her, or leave her *gasp* alone almost all day, since she cannot be out long in that weather. It just didn't make sense to bring her. I had a GREAT experience with Camp Bow Wow and I wanted to share it!

I looked into many, many places and I settled on Camp Bow Wow for several reasons.
1) They have webcams in all the playrooms! You can watch your pup romp around ALL. DAY. LONG.
2) It is all day play! The dogs are separated based on their size/age/activity level and play for about 10 hours each day! I was very worried about taking her somewhere where she'd be crated all dog long with just a walk or two during the day. Tilly is crate trained, but that just sounded so sad.
3) Tilly never gets to play with dogs as much as she likes (only child problems) and it's the perfect age to socialize her a bit more
4) All dogs are required to pass an interview. LOVED this. Some places would just want your money, but they make sure your dog will have fun before they let you use them. Interview day is free, they play for three hours (and you get to watch on the camera!).
5) The staff was WONDERFUL. They were so sweet, and completely understanding of my long, long list of concerns.

The facility also has air conditioning, they play music at night, and give your pup a stuffed kong before bed. Also, the "crates" are gigantic, like little bedrooms really. Plus your doggie is WIPED OUT by the time they make it to bed from all the play!

I left Tilly for 9 days, called almost every day, and was glued to my phone (they have a webcam APP) watching her. The staff was so great, followed my strict bully cleaning instructions, and even called me when another dog had a little too much fun pulling on Tilly's neck rolls and her skin got irritated! They made sure she didn't exert herself since bullies aren't used to a lot of activity and told me all about how in the morning they'd let her sleep in longer (apparently 12 hours wasn't enough) when she'd refuse to leave her bed to go play! They even sent me pictures of her and her new friends - so adorable.

I picked her up clean, happy, and exhausted. I love that I have a safe place to take her where she's having a great time!

If any of you need a place to take your bully for day care/boarding, I would highly recommend them! :D However, I probably won't board her again unless I absolutely have to... SHE had a great time, but I was a WRECK! So happy to be reunited with my little girl!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
wow, wish we had something like that near here, not I would go anywhere, but it would be nice to know it's available

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I did not even know we had such a thing here in San Antonio. We've always taken Winston to Petsmart's Doggy Day care... they've done a wonderful job with him and he's always so happy there. Whenever we just take him into the store to go shopping, Winston knows the way to their front desk and will head that way first thing. The staff all know him and will come out to say hello, give some ear scratchings.. I never expected such great service from a chain store.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
A gal at work uses them quite often for her Westie. She has nothing but positive things to say about the one she takes her dog too. I've even peeked in on him when he was there while they were on vacation. The one she used is in Monument, CO. I'd take my guys if it was my thing to do.

I personally, and it's just my personal choice, would never use Petsmart or Petco. Others do here but those places are not for me or my kiddos.

Last edited:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
sounds like a great place, glad she had a good time! If I ever get rich, that is the one thing I've always wanted to do is open a business, it would have extended stay boarding, a grooming shop plus self serve tubs, a boutique and doggie daycare. ahhh such a nice dream :)

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Our boys are regulars at bow wow. They have been going for years. Jameson lovesss it. TitAn has separation anxiety but when he goes sometimes the girls let him hang with them. Other times he hangs outside. They were there this summer for saturday play. They know our boys and they have several bullies. The owner is always there.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online