Trouble Poopin

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny
My 17 week old Cammie is being so stubborn about going poop outside. Haha

She gets really gasy so I take her out. I know she has to which she ends up doing but the fight is just getting insane. She tugs and pulls and tries to go back in the house as soon as I set her down. I even take her to different areas away from my apartment. Any suggestions?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm.. did something frighten her last time she was out??? I would say just take her out every 20 mins or so ... she's gotta go sometime!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Maybe try walking her around first. Dogs generally want to go on their schedule not ours. When you say "set her down" where is that?

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Wow. She doesn't like being outside?

I think I would start by =always= taking her to the same exact area to go poopy. The changes in location can distract these dogs, and if she is already feeling uncomfortable or agoraphobic, maybe the sameness of routine can help.

Secondly, try taking her outside more often, just for playtime. If you can associate outside with fun and play and happiness, she might not fight so much when it is time to go outside for potty.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

I think I would start by =always= taking her to the same exact area to go poopy. The changes in location can distract these dogs, and if she is already feeling uncomfortable or agoraphobic, maybe the sameness of routine can help.

Secondly, try taking her outside more often, just for playtime. If you can associate outside with fun and play and happiness, she might not fight so much when it is time to go outside for potty.

Excellent advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
usmc03grunt

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny

Oh she loves going outside to play. Sometimes she stands by the door just to go out but sometimes it's like I have to force her to go poop. It's so odd. I've tried so many things. Taking her to same spots, walking her around but she just seems to want to do what she wants to do. Crazy bully

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.