Vegas had another head tremor

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:*( I took Vegas to the vet again this morning to have his eye re-checked (no ulcer) but there was a big Australian Shepard in the waiting room. Vegas was a good boy and just sat there between my legs but the Shepard kept barking and barking at Vegas. All of a sudden Vegas started having head tremors!

I yelled at the receptionist, who yelled for our vet, and Vegas just turned around and put his head between my legs still shaking. The vet comes out to the waiting room, (shepard still barking) turns Vegas around and starts talking to him, Vegas quits the tremors for about a minute, then started again. We go back to the room and Vegas calms down.

This is the second time in his life this has happened and although it is scary I know it was from over stimulation. The first time it happened was when my husband was playing keep away with one of Vegas's favorite stuffies. I have been home for about 15 minutes and I am still shaking!! Vegas is passed out on the tile. Sheewww what a chaotic morning so far!!!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
poor baby..... I am sure he is fine from your description tho...... You on the other hand...you need to kick back and cuddle with the big guy for a while. ;)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww. Sweet boy.
Glad he's feeling better. He's already let it go, Mama. A long time ago in fact. You should too. *hugs*

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So glad he is ok! Now you need some coffee and just relax a while! So scary!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm glad the receptionist and vet took action right away. Poor Vegas ... and poor mommy!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Vegas and you, not a nice way to start the day. Glad Vegas is okay now. Hope you are too. Try to relax th Everest of th e day. Take care

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sometimes the worst part of visiting the vet is the waiting room where you don't know who will be there with you and your pooch. I'm glad you guys are home now where you can hopefully just chill.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Im glad Vegas is better. My vet has 2 waiting rooms. That other dog should never have been allowed to bark and carry on in the waiting room, if you ask me!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I'm glad he's ok now I hope you had a good Christmas though!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It's interesting that he seemed so calm from your description of the event, but was reacting that way. Poor poor baby. Poor poor mommy!

~Disclaimer~
Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk. I'm probably crouched down in a corner at work trying to send this post via dictation software. I shall not be held responsible for any misspellings, incorrect punctuation, and most importantly ..... incorrect translations!!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Poor little guy, what a horrible experience to go through. It should never have gotten that far! I guess the bright side is the vet saw it happen too and is obviously not terribly concerned that it is anything to get overly concerned about. But that kind of stress is so upsetting - to see our Bullies suffer and feel so helpless. Big breath and lots of Bully lovins for the rest of today! Hugs.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
:*( I took Vegas to the vet again this morning to have his eye re-checked (no ulcer) but there was a big Australian Shepard in the waiting room. Vegas was a good boy and just sat there between my legs but the Shepard kept barking and barking at Vegas. All of a sudden Vegas started having head tremors!

I yelled at the receptionist, who yelled for our vet, and Vegas just turned around and put his head between my legs still shaking. The vet comes out to the waiting room, (shepard still barking) turns Vegas around and starts talking to him, Vegas quits the tremors for about a minute, then started again. We go back to the room and Vegas calms down.

This is the second time in his life this has happened and although it is scary I know it was from over stimulation. The first time it happened was when my husband was playing keep away with one of Vegas's favorite stuffies. I have been home for about 15 minutes and I am still shaking!! Vegas is passed out on the tile. Sheewww what a chaotic morning so far!!!!!

How terrible!! Did the owner even try to correct his barking dog? Glad Vegas is taking easy!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.