Hair everywhere!!!!! Helpppp!!!!!!!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
:nope: My entire house is full of Izzy's hair :pnot matter how much I clean it the minute that Izzy's walks she sheds everywhere!!!! Is this normal? Am I missing on something here? I got her the furminator and I use every other day, I got her the kong broom brush and when I use it is like snow coming out of her body, white hair flying everywhere. Should I take her to the groomer? I feed her Fromm Beef Fritatta and give her coconut oil for her coat. What else can I do?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She may be blowing her coat, and some bullies do shed more than others. My white bully Mandy sheds quite a bit, her hair is more course feeling than the others. Salmon oil and Nuvet helps, have you tried the salmon oil yet? Coconut oil is great too, but salmon oil will probably work better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Every canine that sheds has a time of year when they 'blow their coat'... you will see this happen once or twice a year. Keep up with the zoom groom and the furminator - do it outside if possible, but it is normal.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
She is allergic to salmon so I had to stop with the oil on her food.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have noticed Lola is shedding a lot right now and I think it is the time of year and she is getting new hair. I have noticed she has went from soft puppy fur to more course grown up hair so maybe that is what Izzy is doing also!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I have noticed Lola is shedding a lot right now and I think it is the time of year and she is getting new hair. I have noticed she has went from soft puppy fur to more course grown up hair so maybe that is what Izzy is doing also!
How old is Lola? Izzy is almost 6 months so maybe is time for her to chance coat too. Will izzy blow her coat even though our weather is pretty much summer all year round?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola is 7 months old and its been bad for about 6 weeks so maybe Izzy is doing the same. If she is getting rid of her puppy hair then she will lose it no matter the season.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeko's 6months and over the last 3/4 weeks the amount of hair he shed was unbelievable!! He too went from soft puppy to a more tougher coat and his brown splodges went a bit lighter to more of a beige lol. npticing a age pattern here so maybe this is the age they shed their puppy coats x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy does this year round, I swear the oy should be out of hair by now. I just get used to it and keep vacuuming it up. :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah sheds tons of hair constantly. But it was the worst at about 6-7 months. Finally bought a house vacuum system. "An outfit isn't really complete until it has dog hair on it".- has become my mantra.

M

mabel lou

Not sure how comfortable she would be but my male bully use to let me vaccum them with the hose part and it was like giving him a body massage ect and I notice that the white haired ones I have owned shed more. I also put some "linatone plus" hair & skin revitalizer in their food daily and it made a huge difference. Cost a little bit but when your fighting the daily amounts of hair that you can never catch up on then it is worth the money. Once you stop using this omg you definitely see the massive amounts of hair all over the place again.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson is my shedder. All three of mine have white hair and I find that the white tends to shed more. Wilson goes in cycles. There's times where his fur seems like it's snowing and then like right now, I brush him and barely any comes off. During winter they all get brushed once a week but during Spring, Summer and Fall it's more like 3-4 times a week.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I'm having this problem with Herman, it happened a few months ago, then it stopped. I remember this was happening when he had demodex (August) I would brush him everyday and that really helped.... And it was just two days ago that I realized I hadnt brushed him in ages LOL So now I'm back to brushing him everyday to see if that will get him back to normal. I find that when I brushed him yesterday and today, it's the hair at the scruff of his neck that's shedding the most.

I've always said the Kong Zoom Groom doesn't help at all - but since I havent brushed him regularly in months (SHAME!) I can see that it does help get all the dead hair out :)

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank is a constant shedder, too! The best thing I have found to use along with my Zoom Groom (best item ever) and my Furminator brush for the undercoat, is the Furminator Shedding Solution! I use it after shampooing like a conditioner. I leave it on for 5 minutes, massaging him with the zoom groom and then rinse. It really helps work out the loose hair so that the daily shedding is not at bad. His coat is softer and the amount of hair all over the house is considerably less if I use it every other week.

I bought the big bottle off Amazon. While pricey, it's concentrated so it goes a looooooong time. I bought a condiment squeeze bottle and mix it 1 part solution to 2 parts water.

qegedy6y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356570440.252534.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356570440.252534.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have tried to convince my son it's not a pile of dog hair it's my new fur throw rug! :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.