Gunny has surgery tomorrow....

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
So tomorrow Gunny is going in for his neuter. At the same time it looks like we are going to have his 3rd eyelids stitched. They have been popping out more often and staying out longer, we decided that we would rather have it done now, then have to put him under again in a few months when the cherry eyes become permanent. We drop him off tomorrow at about 7 am and will not pick him up until Thursday. :(

In someways, this is my Christmas present as he has kind of turned into a teenage jacka** as of late. Although, my mini iPad was pretty awesome!

I hope you all had an amazing day with family and friends! Much love and blessings to you and yours..

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So tomorrow Gunny is going in for his neuter. At the same time it looks like we are going to have his 3rd eyelids stitched. They have been popping out more often and staying out longer, we decided that we would rather have it done now, then have to put him under again in a few months when the cherry eyes become permanent. We drop him off tomorrow at about 7 am and will not pick him up until Thursday. :(

In someways, this is my Christmas present as he has kind of turned into a teenage jacka** as of late. Although, my mini iPad was pretty awesome!

I hope you all had an amazing day with family and friends! Much love and blessings to you and yours..

​Keeping him in prayers!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Gunny will be fine. I had my female Blossom spayed 3 months ago, and had her cherry eye fixed at the same time. Unfortunately, the left eye came out a week after we did the surgery, so we fixed that eye 3 weeks later. We thought we were well and clear for the second eye, as the 1st one came out at 5 months, and the second one came out 3 months later. It was too bad that we couldn't do all three surgeries at the same time to avoid having to put her under twice, but she did great, and we got a nice result, so we're happy with the outcome. The hardest part was keeping her quiet after the surgery, they aren't supposed to run, jump, or horseplay for 5 to 7 days after surgery, yeah right. You wouldn't even have known she had surgery lol. Good luck tomorrow, with Gunny, sending positive thoughts, and lots of love and prayers your way, for a good surgery, and a quick recovery. Keep us posted on how he does tomorrow.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Thinking of Gunny and you. Ruckus was just done 2 weeks ago and he was back to himself after a couple days. 😃

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prays, positive thoughts and hugs to you and Gunny --- hope all goes well. Please keep us posted

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Praying for Gunny! I think he will do great! Please keep us updated!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Good idea to take care of it now. He will do great! Give him a hug from us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
Gunny B

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Sorry for the delay. It has been an insane day. Needless to say, Gunny's balls got a reprieve until Friday. We decided to take care of both eyes as well, since he is getting cherry eye more and more often. We don't want to have to go back a second time to put him under. Of course because of the holiday, they didn't get his Pre-approval into Trupanion early enough, and I wasn't about to write and additional check for the eyes when the insurance is going to pay. Trupanion and our vets are part of the quick pay program where the vet gets reimbursed and I just pay my deductible.

I will let you know the update on Friday. :)

agabumab.jpg

Needless to say, we still got a quick trip into the vet this morning.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Wow that's a great idea with trupanion! I hope all goes well Friday!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Hoping all goes well with Gunnys op, Ftsse had his cherry eye fixed at Easter and all is good now.

A big hug for you and Gunny :hug2:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in for update, I think you made a wise decision to do it all and only subject
him going under once. Certainly will be praying over him & surgery...try to not worry,
all should go just fine.

Thank you for your immediate response to my call for help yesterday, it so helped me!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.