My breeder wants to show Bongo any advice?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Bongos breeder loves Bongo's structure and look both his mom and dad are champions and she really wants to show him.
I don't have to there is no contract I think it would be cool but what do you guys think?shes asked me to start training him to walk on the left side beside me and all that stuff. Any experience and advice you have would be great?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
thanks,
Frank, Bongo & Louie

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
If its not in the contract, I think it's your dog and so it's up to you. Shows can be a lot of work and your bully a ton of maint. But, I hear they can be fun and rewarding for you and your pooch.

I think it's weird that she wants to show your bully as opposed to you showing him. To me that defeats the whole point of why you would want to do it and put in all that work.

Last edited:
OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
If its not in the contract, I think it's your dog and so it's up to you. Shows can be a lot of work and your bully a ton of maint. But, I hear they can be fun and rewarding for you and your pooch.

I think it's weird that she wants to show your bully as opposed to you showing him. To me that defeats the whole point of why you would want to do it and put in all that work.

I would be showing him but she wants to help and show me how to do it properly. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356496897.825557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a couple of members for you that show or have experience in showing

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well it is totally up to you if you want to allow them to show him, but it is a fun experience and it is nice to have a champion in the family. We also sometimes will make arrangements with some of our pup owners to show their pup. I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in the states, it can sometimes be to your advantage to have an experienced handler who the judges know and they know the judges, because they will know what certain judges like. It can be pretty political here. That being said, it is always fun to show your own, and if the breeder wants to teach you and if this is something you would like to do then it can be a lot of fun, and very rewarding. Good luck with your decision.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think it may be fun if they well help you and show you how so you can eventually do it yourself!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think you should do it. You'll build an even stronger relationship with your pup and who knows? Bongo could be the next Grand Champion Super Duper EB in our EBN family!

[MENTION=3281]BiggieSmalls[/MENTION] - tagging Kevin. He may have some good suggestions for you!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think you should do it. You'll build an even stronger relationship with your pup and who knows? Bongo could be the next Grand Champion Super Duper EB in our EBN family!

[MENTION=3281]BiggieSmalls[/MENTION] - tagging Kevin. He may have some good suggestions for you!

Edited to add - I went to a Fun Show once with Bea. She got third of three pups. LOL It was fun and I think she had a good time! I sure did, visiting with all the other EB people.....and Bea got to have some great socialization time with some pretty darned balanced dogs!

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
It's really up to you in my opinion. But I have to say that I have never had more fun with my dogs outside of training them for obedience & the show ring. Earning titles & ribbons feels pretty great too. In the end, my advice would be, if you are going to do it, do it for you and your dog. Not for anyone else. But I promise you, it's alot of fun!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.