Changed after spay

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I posted that Bacon went to get spayed 10 days ago.
An I heard that after spay they usually mellow out or get less aggressive.
The deal is our Bacon has always been behaviorally great. Now that she's been spayed she's like a totally different dog. She is much hyper. She terrorize our other dog by wanting to hump or just always get on tip of her. She's also almost always jumping on my kids and she doesn't listen like he used to.
Is this something anyone's experience with their bully after spay?

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Im not speaking from experience but it only being 10 days ago it may need time to adjust in her body. She may still have hormones flyin all over the place while things are settling down lol x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Just because they are spayed or neutered doesn't necessarily mean they will calm down. Especially if they are young. Give it some time and Bacon will get there. Like [MENTION=6330]ncra6761[/MENTION] said the hormones are still going crazy and will for a little time, plus you still have to go through the teenage stage. Be patient and go back to basics on the training.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sound like you already got great advise but just wanted to say I hope Bacon settles in for you!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Same, you got good advice. Just sending good wishes, and positive thoughts your way , that she settles for you. I don't have any experience, or wise words of wisdom on this, as my two definetly settled down after their surgeries. Good luck. The vet told me that it takes a while before the hormones settle and leave the body, so you might just have to wait it out.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Good advice here. I also agree with "age" for Bacon. She's a puppy! Enjoy it while you can. Now Bea is so "laid back" that the other day I actually bent down to feel her body to make sure she was ALIVE. Not kidding. She was statue still for so long -- and not snoring as is typical -- that I started to get worried....!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Maybe a good time for some training classes?

Good luck, hope she mellows out for you soon!

And merry christmas and happy holidays

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.